How Can One Tube Inside a Spinning Tire Remain Stationary?

In summary, the speaker is working on a project involving inventing something and has encountered a problem with making a tube with water inside stay still while the tire rotates. They are asking if there is a physical or scientific way to make this happen and the suggested solution is to create a bearing system that can be mounted to the inner tire to keep the tube in place, although there may still be some movement due to non-perfect conditions.
Meganktn

Homework Statement

so I am doing a project where we need to invent something and we have our idea and we are working towards a clear focused idea put we hit a bump in the road

I need to know if there is any possible way to have this scenario work...

Inside a tire in two tubes, one for air and one for liquid. How can I make the second tube not spin? As the tire is moving we all know it will be spinning and spinning, but the inside we want the water to fall and move with the water while the tube in not spinning, ,...we also have something inside the second tube we want to stay in the same spot...

IS there any physical or scientific way to make this happen?

tyvm
-Megan

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone? :(

Could you clarify the question and what you are asking? I read it 4 or 5 times and i can't make heads or tails of what the problem is.

You're asking if there's any way to have the tube with the water inside stay still while the tire rotates, correct?

If so, I think you'd have to mount something to the inner tire, a sort of bearing system that is nearly frictionless and will keep the tube still as the tire and the mounting system rotates. Creating the bearing system would probably be the easiest part of this; however, I'm not sure how easy mounting something to the inside of the tire would be. Also, due to non-perfect conditions, the tube would probably still jostle around a little bit while the tire rotates.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Spinnas in the tire!

Related to How Can One Tube Inside a Spinning Tire Remain Stationary?

1. How does a tire spin?

When a car is in motion, the engine produces power that is transferred to the wheels through the transmission. This power causes the wheels to rotate, which in turn causes the tires to spin. The spinning motion of the tires allows the car to move forward or backward.

2. What factors affect the spinning of a tire?

Several factors can affect the spinning of a tire, including the type of tire, the road conditions, and the weight of the vehicle. The type of tire can affect its grip and traction, while road conditions such as wet or icy surfaces can impact the tire's ability to spin. Additionally, a heavier vehicle may require more power to spin the tires compared to a lighter vehicle.

3. How fast can a tire spin?

The speed at which a tire can spin depends on various factors, such as the size of the tire, the vehicle's power, and the road conditions. Generally, the maximum speed of a tire's rotation is limited by the vehicle's speed. For example, a car with a maximum speed of 100 miles per hour will have tires that rotate at a maximum of 100 miles per hour.

4. Can a tire spin without the car moving?

Yes, a tire can spin without the car moving, but it requires a special mechanism called a dyno or dynamometer. This equipment allows the tires to spin at high speeds while the car remains stationary. It is commonly used for testing and diagnosing issues with a car's engine or transmission.

5. Why do tires spin out of control on slippery surfaces?

Tires can spin out of control on slippery surfaces because there is not enough traction between the tire and the road. This lack of traction can be caused by factors such as wet or icy conditions, worn tires, or excessive acceleration. When the tires lose traction, they can spin freely and cause the car to lose control.