How can i use excel to solve some Statistics problems ?

In summary, the conversation is about using Excel to solve various statistical problems, such as selecting a random sample, creating bar charts, and calculating measures of location and dispersion. The individual is seeking guidance on how to use Excel functions to solve these problems efficiently. They also mention working with a sample provided as an attachment.
MrNeWBiE
Well am not looking for someone to solve the problems ,,,

am looking for somone telling me how to use excel to solve some problems.

with excel functions.

the problems

"
1.From this population of 500 households, select a simple random sample of 50 households (Use the program embedded in the data file to help you select the sample).

2.Develop bar charts of HLE and frequency, G and frequency,

3.Plot the 50 sample points of MI and MFE values that you obtained in 1 on a scatter diagram. (Plot MI values along the X-axis and MFE values along the Y-axis - does this seem a reasonable suggestion? Why?)

4.Draw a scatter diagram of the sample points relating the FS and MFE values. What conclusion you make of the result?

5.Determine the range, median, mode, mean, standard deviation, variance, Q1, Q3, IQR.

6.Determine the values of rxy from the 50 pairs of MI and MFE values.

7.Calculate all the measures of location and dispersion of the sample of MFE, FS and MI values.

8.Using the estimates of the sample mean and standard deviation obtained in 7 above develop a 90% confidence interval estimate for the mean of the population of MFE, FS and MI values. State any assumptions used.

9.What is the probability of finding more than 3 females as head of house holds in a sample of 20?

"

well first 2 parts I am able to solve them ,,, but the other i don't know the right function ,,,

well i don't want to slove it with the simple method because it will take long time from me ,,, and the doctor asked to solve with excel function .

the sample am working on is in the attachment .

Physics news on Phys.org
the attachment

Attachments

• Book.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 214

Related to How can i use excel to solve some Statistics problems ?

1. How do I enter data into Excel for statistical analysis?

To enter data into Excel, first create a new spreadsheet and label your columns with the relevant variable names. Then, simply type in the data values under each column. Alternatively, you can copy and paste data from another source directly into the Excel spreadsheet.

2. How do I calculate descriptive statistics in Excel?

To calculate descriptive statistics, such as mean, median, and standard deviation, use the built-in functions in Excel. For example, to find the mean of a set of data, use the formula "=AVERAGE(range)", where "range" is the range of cells containing your data. You can also use the "Data Analysis" tool in Excel to generate a summary statistics table for your data.

3. Can I use Excel to create charts and graphs for my statistical data?

Yes, Excel is a powerful tool for creating visual representations of data. To create a chart or graph, select your data and then click on the "Insert" tab. From there, you can choose from a variety of chart types, such as bar graphs, line graphs, and pie charts. You can also customize the appearance and formatting of your chart to best represent your data.

4. How can I use Excel to perform statistical tests?

Excel has several built-in functions for performing common statistical tests, such as t-tests, ANOVAs, and regression analysis. These can be found under the "Data Analysis" tool in the "Data" tab. You can also use the "IF" and "COUNTIF" functions to create custom formulas for performing statistical tests.

5. Can I use Excel for advanced data analysis and modeling?

Yes, Excel has advanced features such as pivot tables, data tables, and solver that allow for more complex data analysis and modeling. These tools can help you manipulate and analyze large datasets, perform what-if analyses, and optimize variables for a desired outcome. Additionally, you can use add-ins or programming languages like VBA to extend Excel's capabilities for advanced statistical analysis.