How can I study in deep DNA computer?

In summary, the high school student is looking for information about DNA computer, and is considering reading books or visiting Wikipedia.
Gianluca
I'm an italian high school student, and I decided to do an in-depth study about DNA computer as final-thesis, that we have to make at the end of our final high school year, and whose function is a sort of introduction to the oral exam.

Now, my question is: where can I found useful information about this very particular and not well known field?
I would really like to read some books, but my fear is that they're too difficult. My knowledge is not so wide: I've a good background in biology, anatomy, chemistry, physics, math, but mine is the level of a well prepared high school student, not much more. I've also a very good knowledge about information technology, that is my biggest hobby.
So, do you have some advice about what books I can read?EDIT: I'm not sure about the right sub-forum in which I should post this tread. I politely ask moderators to change its path if it is not correct.

Biology news on Phys.org
mishrashubham said:

Pretty useful. I wonder what I would do without your help.

I'm not asking a random book-title about DNA computing. I'm asking about someone who already knows this field and could help me finding proper resources, tailored to my knowledge.

Gianluca said:
Pretty useful. I wonder what I would do without your help.

I'm not asking a random book-title about DNA computing. I'm asking about someone who already knows this field and could help me finding proper resources, tailored to my knowledge.

sigh...I presume you didn't click on the link.

Did you try Wikipedia? In case you don't know there are plenty of resources at the bottom of the page. Many of them quite understandable to a layman. However in order to do a serious science project, it would be extremely helpful to do some thorough research on the topic before proceeding.

Last edited:
mishrashubham said:
sigh...I presume you didn't click on the link.

Did you try Wikipedia? In case you don't know there are plenty of resources at the bottom of the page. Many of them quite understandable to a layman. However in order to do a serious science project, it would be extremely helpful to do some thorough research on the topic before proceeding.

I clicked the link. And I discovered that I have alredy visited that page. As well as similar ones (ie "DNA computer", "DNA informatic application" and so on). I'm not used to ask for help before trying by myself.

Anyway, thank you for the tip. I read Wikipedia page, but I didn't think to the bottom linked resources. Thank you!

Gianluca said:
Thank you!

You are welcome.

Related to How can I study in deep DNA computer?

1. How does a DNA computer work?

A DNA computer uses strands of DNA as its fundamental processing unit instead of traditional electronic components. These strands of DNA can store and manipulate data through biochemical reactions, making them ideal for complex computational tasks.

2. What are the advantages of studying DNA computing?

The main advantage of studying DNA computing is its potential for high-speed and parallel processing, as well as its ability to store large amounts of data in a compact form. Additionally, DNA computing has the potential to solve complex problems that are difficult for traditional computers to solve.

3. What are the challenges of studying DNA computing?

One of the main challenges of studying DNA computing is the cost and time required for synthesizing DNA strands and conducting experiments. There are also challenges in designing efficient algorithms and programming languages for DNA computing.

4. What are some real-world applications of DNA computing?

DNA computing has potential applications in fields such as cryptography, data storage, and bioinformatics. It can also be used for solving optimization problems in various industries, including healthcare, finance, and manufacturing.

5. How can I get started with studying DNA computing?

To get started with studying DNA computing, it is important to have a strong foundation in biology, chemistry, and computer science. Reading research papers, attending conferences and workshops, and conducting experiments in a laboratory setting are all important steps in gaining expertise in this field.