How Can I Solve the Integration of (e^-x)/x Using Series?

• Thread starter ريمان
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, the conversation is about a problem with an integral involving exponential and rational functions. The possible solution of using integration by parts is mentioned, but it is pointed out that it may not work well. The suggestion to use Taylor series is also brought up, and the conversation ends with a discussion about knowledge of Arabic and solving the problem using series.
ريمان
how I can slove this intergation

((e)^-x)\x)

tank you

Physics news on Phys.org
what have you tried?

[tex] \int \frac{e^{-x}}{x} [/tex]? use integration by parts.

tank you master courtrigad

I tray but I don't get it

tank you

Let [tex] u = e^{-x} [/tex] and [tex] dv = \frac{1}{x} [/tex]

courtrigrad said:
Let [tex] u = e^{-x} [/tex] and [tex] dv = \frac{1}{x} [/tex]

That won't get you very far in evaluating the integral, I don't think parts will at all, I think I remember a post from a while ago that this can't be integrated in terms of elementary functions.

just do it multiple times

courtrigrad said:
just do it multiple times

And it still won't work very well, if you let dv=1/x then you get a natural log that will make things messy, and if you let u=1/x then you'll just get e-x/x2, e-x/x3 etc..

hi

and whit is the soultions

tank you

hi

is there anybody can solve this proplem

hi

waher is smart people in math

any genis here

Just for your reference, ريمان, the people who help out here aren't here to do the problem for you or give you the answer outright. We'll just point you in the right direction/ correct what you did wrong and give you a boost. Please respect that.

ريمان said:
how I can slove this intergation

((e)^-x)\x)

tank you
قبل ما تسءل٬ جرب ال سؤ ال
هذا السؤال لا تقدر أن تكمله

I think that was a little clearer.. :P My written Arabic's a little rusty though.

Taylor Series Solution بس تقدر تعمل

Last edited:
hi اهلاً

I'm solve this problem befor some days by Series

are you know arabic

ريمان said:
hi اهلاً

I'm solve this problem befor some days by Series

are you know arabic
ا, بس ما بعرف لغة الفصحى

Related to How Can I Solve the Integration of (e^-x)/x Using Series?

What is the meaning of "Hi every one i need to you"?

"Hi every one i need to you" is a phrase that is often used to greet and ask for assistance or help from a group of people.

Why do people use the phrase "Hi every one i need to you"?

People may use this phrase in a group setting to get the attention of everyone and ask for their help or input on a specific matter.

Can "Hi every one i need to you" be used in a formal setting?

No, this phrase is considered informal and may not be appropriate to use in a formal setting such as a business meeting or presentation.

Is there a specific response to "Hi every one i need to you"?

No, there is no specific response to this phrase. It is often followed by a request or question, so the appropriate response would depend on the context of the situation.

Can "Hi every one i need to you" be used in a written form of communication?

Yes, this phrase can be used in written communication such as emails, texts, or online messages to greet and ask for help or input from a group of people.