How can I make a detailed hypothesis for my particle accelerator project?

In summary, the conversation discusses the complexities of creating a small Linear Electron collider using two crt electron guns and quadrupole magnets. The speaker is aware of the potential dangers of EMR and is looking for ways to minimize it. They also mention the idea of using photons as an alternative and are seeking equations or methods to make a detailed hypothesis. The speaker also mentions their interest in creating a Feynman diagram and obtaining the exact power settings and thickness of polycarbonate needed. They mention a previous project they have worked on, a cloud chamber, and ask for suggestions on alternative methods. They also provide a link to a PDF for further information.
Linuxkid
I,m trying to put together all the complexities of making a small Linear Electron collider.
Basically it's two crt electron guns on each end of an polycarbonate tube with quadrupole magnet's for focusing. I have a decent idea of the EMR dangers involved. But since I could keep it below a certain level, it wouldn't be extremely bad. I'd like to just to find another way to make photons, and relation to the reactions occurring (Extremely hypothetical example: 2 electrons colliding at what ever EV)

Is there any equations I could use to make a detailed hypothesis? Like an formula or a whole
method I could use. If I could find a way to make a Feynman diagram that would be proportional to the energies involved would be great. Since then I could look for the exact power settings to use and the thickness of polycarbonate I would need, and etc. Any help otherwise would be awesome.

Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, just a personal research project that I,m extremely interested in. I made a cloud chamber already,so don't suggest it instead. :p

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to How can I make a detailed hypothesis for my particle accelerator project?

1. What is a particle accelerator project?

A particle accelerator project is a scientific endeavor that involves designing, building, and operating a device that accelerates particles (such as protons or electrons) to high speeds and collides them with a target material. These collisions can produce new particles and allow scientists to study their properties and interactions.

2. What is the purpose of a particle accelerator project?

The purpose of a particle accelerator project is to advance our understanding of the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern them. By studying the particles produced in collisions, scientists can test theories and models of the universe and potentially discover new particles or phenomena.

3. How does a particle accelerator work?

A particle accelerator works by using electromagnetic fields to accelerate particles to high speeds and then directing them into collisions with a target material. This is achieved through a series of accelerating structures, magnets, and focusing devices that guide the particles along a predetermined path.

4. What are the benefits of a particle accelerator project?

Particle accelerator projects have numerous benefits, including advancing our understanding of the universe, enabling technological advancements in fields such as medicine and energy, and inspiring future generations of scientists and engineers. They also have practical applications, such as in cancer treatment and nuclear energy research.

5. What are some examples of particle accelerator projects?

Some notable particle accelerator projects include the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, which discovered the Higgs boson in 2012, and the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC), which produced the first evidence of the quark structure of protons and neutrons. Other examples include the Fermilab Tevatron, the Brookhaven National Laboratory Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC), and the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF).