How can I improve my basic math and statistical skills as a stay-at-home parent?

• Thread starter kadiot
  • Start date
In summary, as a stay-at-home parent, there are several ways to improve your basic math and statistical skills. These include enrolling in online courses or workshops, practicing with educational games and apps, and utilizing free online resources such as Khan Academy or YouTube tutorials. Additionally, incorporating math and statistics into daily activities and tasks, such as budgeting and cooking, can also help improve skills in a practical and applicable way. Lastly, seeking support from other parents or joining a study group can provide accountability and motivation in your learning journey.
kadiot
How did you find PF?
Google
I am a stay-at-home dad of 2 little boys (3 & 5 years old) and in-charge of house chores. While at home taking care of my boys, I self-study basic math, write a research paper on education. I'm so glad I've found this page. Terrific resource. The one thing that I'd like to improve is my basic math skills and statistical skills. I wish to participate regularly, if I can.

I joined the Physicsforums to interact with like minded people, to receive assistance on basic math and science topics and to share information as well.

Last edited:
Likes PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you. Some people here are professionals, many more are amateurs like you.

• Love
Likes kadiot
anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you. Some people here are professionals, many more are amateurs like you.
Thank you.

I was the primary caregiver of my children for a number of years, but they were a bit older than yours. I self-studied lots of stuff, including various math and science topics.

This forum is very welcoming and can give good guidance if you ask specific questions or articulate specific goals.

• Love
Likes kadiot and phinds