How Can I Fix Bump Steer on My Modified Ford Ranger?

• Thread starter BigGruntaRacing
  • Start date
In summary, bump steer on a modified Ford Ranger can be fixed by adjusting the suspension and steering components to eliminate any angles that could cause the tires to steer on their own. This can be achieved by installing a steering stabilizer, adjusting the steering linkage, and ensuring all suspension components are properly aligned. It is also important to regularly check and maintain tire pressure and balance to prevent excessive bump steer.
BigGruntaRacing
Hi my name is Grant. I have a Pre-Runner Ford Ranger with a F-150 body kit on it. I imported it from USA to the Land Down Under... Australia, to compete in Off Road Racing around this wonderful country. Its running standard chassis with long travel Camburg front suspension with King Coil overs and King Triple bypass shocks and Fox bump stops. Running standard steering rack with Camburg steering link kit. But my problem is that i have fitted a Stroked 351 EFI Windsor and with its oil pump being at the front of the sump, I had to lower the rack to obtain clearance so it sat correctly in its hole... So now i have a major bump steer issue that I'm trying to rectify... Any advise would be greatly appreciated ….!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Grant. Nice truck! I'm envious. :smile:

Yeah, post in the ME forum, and you will get lots of great replies. Enjoy the PF!