How Can I Create a Pseudo-Pi Numerical Base System?

• Thread starter SubZir0
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Base
In summary, a "Pseudo-Pi" base is a numerical system that uses a base similar to the mathematical constant pi (3.14) but is not exactly the same. It is often used in computer science and coding for more efficient and compact representation of numbers. Making a "Pseudo-Pi" base can be useful for simplifying calculations, data compression, and encryption. To create this base, you need to determine the number of digits, assign symbols or characters to each digit, and follow traditional base rules for conversion and calculations. The digits used in a "Pseudo-Pi" base must be based on the digits of pi (3.14). Some advantages of using this base include easier representation of numbers, efficient data
SubZir0
How could I construct a pseudo-base Pi?
To represent any real interger?

So far I've done Base (22/7) (fractional base), but i was thinking something like Base 180 (then do some stuff with degrees and radians)...

Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, SubZir0. All that would work, but you risk confusing people who are more used to seeing (x/y)π or x°. Of course, I don't know the details of what you're working on, but good luck.

22/7 is a cocked hat. You should consider 355/113 and eat more biscuits.

Related to How Can I Create a Pseudo-Pi Numerical Base System?

What is a "Pseudo-Pi" base?

A "Pseudo-Pi" base is a numerical system that uses a base similar to the mathematical constant pi (3.14) but is not exactly the same. It is often used in computer science and coding to represent numbers in a more concise and efficient manner.

Why would someone want to make a "Pseudo-Pi" base?

Making a "Pseudo-Pi" base can be useful for simplifying calculations and representing numbers in a more compact manner. It can also be used for encryption and data compression in computer science.

How do I make a "Pseudo-Pi" base?

To make a "Pseudo-Pi" base, you will need to determine the number of digits you want to use, assign symbols or characters to each digit, and follow the same rules as traditional bases for conversion and calculations.

Can I use any digits in a "Pseudo-Pi" base?

No, the digits used in a "Pseudo-Pi" base must be based on the digits of pi (3.14). For example, if you choose to use 3 digits, your base would be 3.14, and your digits would be 0, 1, and 4.

What are the advantages of using a "Pseudo-Pi" base?

Some advantages of using a "Pseudo-Pi" base include easier representation of numbers, efficient data compression, and the ability to perform calculations in a shorter amount of time. It can also be a fun and challenging mathematical concept to explore.