How Can I Combine Computer Science with Physics in My Education?

• Thread starter risingcodeninja
  • Start date
risingcodeninja
I found this forum while looking for information on computer science subfields. I just finished my first year as a computer science major (second bachelors degree) at a tiny LAC in the deep South. Besides CS, I also have a high interest in science, especially physics/astrophysics. However, my school doesn't have a physics major or minor, so doing either along with CS isn't an option (my school only offers the one year sequence that satisfies pre-med and health professions prerequisites).

As I've now been exposed to quite a few CS courses and started thinking about how to combine CS with science I'm realizing that I need to transfer. Besides the lack of physics, my school doesn't have undergraduate research opportunities, has no relationships with industry for internship opportunities, has no tech recruiters during job fairs, and the list goes on. I didn't know any of that before arriving. The website, catalog, student handbook, etc were misleading.

So, you'll see me popping up and asking questions on the different subforums. I apologize in advance for any annoyances I cause. :biggrin:

~risingcodeninja

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi risingcodeninja. :biggrin: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes risingcodeninja