How can I bridge the gap between IT experience and a PhD in Earth Science?

• Thread starter adavid
  • Start date
In summary, bridging the gap between IT experience and a PhD in Earth Science requires a combination of technical skills and a deep understanding of the natural world. This can be achieved by pursuing interdisciplinary research projects, taking relevant courses, and networking with professionals in both fields. Additionally, emphasizing transferable skills such as data analysis, critical thinking, and project management can help showcase the value of IT experience in the field of Earth Science.
adavid
How did you find PF?
Googled what ... + c.c. meant
Hi all. I was impressed with the polite, succint response to a question put to PF about a puzzling term I was seeing in a couple of review papers I was given to read by my potential supervisor.

A bit of background. 40 years in IT including 8 years onsite support for a couple of supercomputers. Started a PhD in Earth Science, but had to withdraw due to work pressures after the onsite work dried up.

Running to get up-to-speed in this new field and hope to decode some of the symbolic differences I have encounted between maths and physics.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes adavid and hutchphd