How can calculate bus arrival?

• MHB
  • Thread starter ramonjosegn2014
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bus
In summary, I would suggest using a predictive analysis approach to create a schedule for the arrival of public transport buses in your city. This involves using historical data and mathematical models to make predictions about future events. By inputting data into a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel and considering factors such as distance between bus-stops and peak hours, it is possible to create a reliable and efficient schedule. However, seeking guidance from a transportation expert or using specialized software may also be helpful.
ramonjosegn2014
Hello dears

I need help with the following:

I want to have a schedule for the time arrvial of the public transport buses in my city

I would use a formula prediction buses and put in Microsoft Excel, but I have no knowledge to something so complex, so I'm asking for help

Since the transport system is new I do not have many details or statistics but I can get some information about the public bus transport:

- I have - The formula used by the company to send a number of buses depending on the miles you have the full path of each bus route

- I have - The time it would take to perform bus full route

- I have - Total kilometers (roundtrip) having each route

- I have - The average distance between bus-stops

- I have - The data with the real frequency for every route (the company generally does not meet the frequencies)

Could anyone help me?

I do not really need something very complex, since transport generally does not meet the data officially established, but I'd like something to start

I appreciate if you can help me

Technology news on Phys.org

Thank you for reaching out for help with creating a schedule for public transport buses in your city. I understand the importance of efficient and reliable transportation for a city's residents.

Based on the information you have provided, I would suggest using a predictive analysis approach to create a schedule for the arrival of public transport buses. This involves using historical data and mathematical models to make predictions about future events.

To start, you can input the data you have into a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel. From there, you can use the formula provided by the company to calculate the number of buses needed for each route based on the distance and time it takes to complete the full route.

Next, you can use the average distance between bus-stops and the total kilometers for each route to estimate the time it takes for a bus to travel between stops. This will help you determine the frequency of buses along each route.

However, since you mentioned that the company does not always meet the established frequencies, it may be helpful to also consider additional factors such as peak hours and traffic conditions. This will allow for more accurate predictions and adjustments to the schedule as needed.

I understand that this may seem complex, but with the right tools and data, it is possible to create a schedule that is reliable and efficient. If you need further assistance, I would recommend consulting with a transportation expert or using specialized software designed for scheduling public transport.

I hope this helps get you started on creating a schedule for public transport buses in your city. Good luck!

Related to How can calculate bus arrival?

1. How does the bus arrival time calculator work?

The bus arrival time calculator uses real-time data from GPS trackers on the bus to determine the location and estimated time of arrival for each bus on a given route. This information is then displayed to users through a mobile app or website.

2. Can I trust the accuracy of the bus arrival time calculator?

The accuracy of the bus arrival time calculator depends on the reliability of the GPS data from the buses. In most cases, the calculator is accurate within a few minutes of the actual arrival time. However, factors such as traffic or unexpected delays can affect the accuracy of the predicted arrival time.

3. How often is the bus arrival time data updated?

The bus arrival time data is updated in real-time, meaning that it is constantly being refreshed with the latest information from the GPS trackers on the buses. This ensures that users have the most accurate and up-to-date arrival time information.

4. Can I use the bus arrival time calculator for all bus routes?

The availability of the bus arrival time calculator depends on the transit agency or company that operates the buses. Some agencies may have the technology and resources to implement the calculator on all routes, while others may only have it available for select routes or during certain times of day.

5. Is there a cost to use the bus arrival time calculator?

In most cases, the bus arrival time calculator is free for users to access. However, some transit agencies may require users to purchase a subscription or pay a small fee to use the service. It's best to check with your local transit agency or the provider of the bus arrival time calculator for more information on any associated costs.