How Can a Retired Transwoman Capture Nebula Images from Light-Polluted San Jose?

• Thread starter Michaela SJ
  • Start date
In summary, the concept of another curious soul is one that explores the idea of a person's unique essence and journey in life. It delves into the complexities of human beings and the various experiences and emotions that shape them. This topic prompts individuals to reflect on their own souls and the endless possibilities of self-discovery and growth. It also encourages empathy and understanding towards others, as everyone has their own distinct soul to be explored and appreciated.
Michaela SJ
I am a 72 year retired transwoman with not too much scientific education but an insatiable quest for astronomy/astrophysics knowledge.
In the recent past I had a nice telescope rig that I used to take images of fuzzies from my San Jose, CA backyard. My last image of note was of the Soap Bubble amateur astronomer Dave Jurasevich identified it as a nebula on 2008 July 6. I met Dave at an Advanced Imaging Conference that year and showed off my work which was done 30 days after his discovery of the nebula in Cignus. He was amazed I took the image from San Jose with all of its light pollution as his observatory was in the Sierra Nevadas.
I have a Masters in IT but my primary career direction was in Large Scale Residential Development.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Back