Hotmail someone trying to hack me?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary: NateTGIt's probably someone you know being stupid. Last time I checked, Hotmail didn't have the best security in the world. Things might have improved, but I doubt that anyone with a clue would go after a random hotmail account with a dictionary attack.
How about...http://physicsforums.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl

Computer science news on Phys.org
So far, of the e-mail account that I have had, both the MSN one, and the Two Yahoo accounts, were maintained spam free, the Yahoo account (the one I have left) to this day, is Great! (YAaHOOOOOOOO!)

Getting a 'good password' helps though, but nothing is "un-crackable" if they really want it...too bad(?)...

Being in places wiht publically accessable computers I can tell you that they get some 'trojans' etc. (One site was "fished" {persistent pop-up offer} for someone to "download it in" they 'replaced' that computer, in the end) and the like, that are pretty devious in their appearance, and use.

Monique said:
For the past week I have been getting errors, that I tried accessing my account too many times with the wrong password, so it locks me out and tells me to wait until the block is taken off

But I never used a wrong password any time [?]

Someone had the same experience? Maybe someone is trying to hack into my account.. that wouldn't be good.. nice friends I have..

Luckily I am able to bypass the block and get in anyway, but it is starting to annoy me.. let's see what hotmail has to say about it (when they take the effort to actually provide service).
hi
please my email address is lellynz@hotamil.com
please send me and solve my problem i m really to much woried in this.
14 days has passed but facing still that msg.
You have made too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts with an incorrect password for:

altafmusfirah@hotmail.com

Your account is temporarily unavailable. This is a temporary delay that helps prevent someone else from guessing or obtaining your password

please solve my problem my id lellynz@hotmail.com

hi
please my email address is lellynz@hotamil.com
please send me and solve my problem i m really to much woried in this.
14 days has passed but facing still that msg.
You have made too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts with an incorrect password for:

Your account is temporarily unavailable. This is a temporary delay that helps prevent someone else from guessing or obtaining your password

Hotmail sucks! Get your own domain :rofl:

To be serious I've never heard of that problem... How exactly are you logging into hotmail? And do you work for the FBI/CIA or something? because i don't know why someone would spend that much time trying to hack your email... :surprise:

i wrote a lot of email about my id
but no one is replying that what happened with me id
buttbutt
as is said b4 in my email that i hav v.important email address in my contacting list
and feelng trouble to contact with them and i also hav v.important email in this
id.
i don't know why you r serious in me...
id ; altafmusfirah@hotmail.com
pwd: buttbutt

16 days hav passed when i entrd my correct password and id he says that
your account hasbeen blocked

Your account is temporarily unavailable. This is a temporary delay that helps prevent someone else from guessing or obtaining your password.

please enable it or tell me what should i do at this moment?
i am toomuch woried about it.
hope now i will hear from u soon.
lellynz@hotmail.com
nadeem427@hotmail.com
mnadeemonline@yahoo.com
wasiminline@hotmail.com

Why are you giving us your hotmail password? No one will crack it for you here

Unless you have some government secrets there then I won't even bother with it, just create another account.

Last edited:
Why do people use Hotmail anyway? What possible advantage does it have over any other kind of mail account?

Good question. I use to love Hotmail, but I found providers that were so much better.

I ask people why they stick with Hotmail. It's not the best, not the safest and a lot of unwanted crap gets sent to your inbox.

But Hotmail's popular, and they use it because there friend uses it - plus it allows them to use Messenger.

So which other mail accounts are good?

Fastmail is absolutely awesome. You can change stylesheets, it's anti-spam, you have blockers (hard to use), a great support forum, and it is...fast.

It's free, but loads of great features can be bought for $15 or by yearly fees.

It was recommended to me after I got tired of the popular free services like Yahoo, Mail and Hotmail.