Homework Questions: When to Post in Subforum

• Thread starter coolia
  • Start date
In summary, it is best to post any questions related to academic assistance in the homework forums, even if they are not directly related to a specific assignment. It is also acceptable to privately message a mentor for their opinion before posting a thread if you are unsure. Additionally, any questions related to coursework or textbook material should also be posted in the homework and coursework forum.
coolia
How do we know wether to put our threads in the homework subforum from any other section. I had a question about blood pressure that wasn't related to any homework yet my thread was moved.

Physics news on Phys.org
If the question involves something along the lines of academic assistance rather than a discussion of the principle or methods involved with etc. then the question will be best posted in the homework forums. I wouldn't worry too much about threads that seem ambiguous. If you've tried your best to pick the correct forum then I don't think the mentors can complain. You could private message any online in future to ask their opinion about a thread you wish to post that you're very unsure about.

Any question that is a coursework TYPE question should go in the homework and coursework forum. If it's related to something you're reading in a textbook, even if you're not doing it for a class or assignment, it still should go in the HW and coursework forum.

Related to Homework Questions: When to Post in Subforum

1. When is the best time to post my homework question in the subforum?

The best time to post your homework question in the subforum is as soon as possible after you have thoroughly reviewed your assignment and attempted to solve it on your own. This will allow other members to have more time to respond and provide helpful feedback.

2. Is there a specific format for posting homework questions in the subforum?

Yes, there is a recommended format for posting homework questions in the subforum. This includes providing a clear and concise title, providing all necessary information about the assignment, and showing your own attempted solution or thought process.

3. Can I post my entire homework assignment in the subforum for others to complete?

No, it is not appropriate to post your entire homework assignment in the subforum for others to complete. This goes against the principles of academic integrity and violates the rules of the subforum. Instead, focus on specific questions or concepts that you are struggling with.

4. Is it okay to post my homework question in multiple subforums?

No, it is not recommended to post your homework question in multiple subforums. This can lead to duplicate responses and confusion for both you and other members. Choose the most relevant subforum for your question and be patient for responses.

5. Can I ask for direct answers to my homework questions in the subforum?

No, it is not appropriate to ask for direct answers to your homework questions in the subforum. The purpose of the subforum is to help guide and assist with understanding concepts, not to simply provide answers. It is important to show your own effort and understanding in your posts.