Historic Ruling: Supreme Court Backs Gay Marriage

• Thread starter WannabeNewton
  • Start date
In summary, the US Supreme Court ruled that same-sex marriage is legal. People who opposed this verdict lost nothing, while religious nutbags criticized the decision in the most extreme way possible.
Physics news on Phys.org
I was sitting on the patio of a cafe tonight. A very drunk girl walked by. She stopped and looked at me and said, "Yay! Now you can marry whoever the **** you want!"

I guess I had misunderstood the ruling, but, given her explanation I'm giving serious thought to marrying Olivia Wilde.

Why settle for Olivia Wilde?

WannabeNewton said:
Why settle for Olivia Wilde?
I like her face.

Whose better than Olivia Wilde?

Olivia Wilde has the jaw of a man.

She's still good though.

Let's not be rude and let's take a minute to think about the people who opposed this verdict and who lost... absolutely nothing.

zoobyshoe said:
Whose better than Olivia Wilde?
Robert Plant :p

And leave it to the nutty religious nut bags to criticize the decision in the most extreme way possible: http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/06/26/19156364-post-doma-rand-paul-fears-humans-marrying-non-humans?

It's amazing how prominent Republicans instantly leap to the subject of animal sex. Pretty much everyone on Fox News has it on their wish-list. You kind of have to figure that it's been on their minds all along, just waiting for something to release it.
It makes as much sense as Steve Harvey warning women not to date Atheists because they're immoral "idiots" (this from a guy who's been divorced twice; he should die of a disease) or Papa John stating that Obama's economics would force him to fire hundreds of staff and then bragging about giving away 2,000,000 pizzas for Superbowl.
They're all out of their tiny minds.

Last edited:
WannabeNewton said:
And leave it to the nutty religious nut bags to criticize the decision in the most extreme way possible: http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/06/26/19156364-post-doma-rand-paul-fears-humans-marrying-non-humans?

I suspect Robert Plant might not be human, so this is good news for you, apparently?

This is great news.

Cheers

What does the Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriage mean?

The Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriage means that same-sex couples have the legal right to get married and have their marriages recognized in all 50 states. This ruling effectively legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

How did the Supreme Court come to this decision?

The Supreme Court came to this decision after hearing arguments and reviewing lower court decisions in several cases involving same-sex marriage. They ultimately determined that denying same-sex couples the right to marry violated the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

How does this ruling affect states that previously banned same-sex marriage?

This ruling overrides any state laws or constitutional amendments that banned same-sex marriage. Same-sex couples in all 50 states now have the legal right to get married and have their marriages recognized.

What are the potential implications of this ruling?

This ruling has major implications for same-sex couples, as it grants them the same rights and protections as heterosexual couples when it comes to marriage. It also sets a precedent for future cases involving discrimination based on sexual orientation.

What does this mean for the LGBTQ+ community?

This ruling is a significant victory for the LGBTQ+ community, as it affirms their right to marry and have their relationships recognized by the government. It also sends a message of equality and inclusivity to the community and the rest of society.