Hi my is michael how do you build a electromaget generator

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of building an electromagnet generator for a high school project. It is suggested to watch videos on YouTube for guidance and to disassemble an old car generator for a better understanding of DC machines. The use of an electromechanical voltage regulator is recommended for proper operation. Useful links and tips are also provided for building a functional generator.
Michael holland
hi my name

is michael how do you build a electromaget generator for a high school project .

Engineering news on Phys.org
You might do as well to get, disassemble, clean up and re-assemble an old car generator. Junkyards are full of them, i pay $0..30 a pound so they run between five and ten bucks.

So much the better if you can get the electromechanical voltage regulator that goes with it.
Nothing gives you that "feel" for DC machines like adjusting the regulator's air gaps and spring tension to give proper operation, then watching(and feeling) them dance as they do their job.. You can push or pull gently on the springs while observing effect on volt and amp meters.

http://www.stinsonclub.org/PublicTech/YahooGroup/DC generator theory.pdf

http://42fordgpw.com/voltage.html

http://www.aeroelectric.com/Mfgr_Data/Regulators/Delco-Remy/Delco-Remy_Generator_Regulators.pdf

Mount them on a board with a washing machine motor to drive it and you'll have a thirty-amp battery charger for the rest of your life.

That third link is something I've looked for for decades. Thanks for your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Hi my is michael how do you build a electromaget generator

1. How does an electromagnet generator work?

An electromagnet generator works by converting mechanical energy into electrical energy. It does this by using a coil of wire and a magnet. When the coil is rotated within a magnetic field, it creates an electrical current.

2. What materials are needed to build an electromagnet generator?

The materials needed to build an electromagnet generator include a battery, wire, a magnet, and a rotor. You may also need additional tools such as pliers and a drill.

3. What are the steps to build an electromagnet generator?

The basic steps to build an electromagnet generator are as follows: 1. Create a coil of wire by wrapping it around a cylindrical object.2. Attach the coil to a rotor, which will rotate within a magnetic field.3. Connect the ends of the coil to a battery and a load.4. Rotate the rotor to generate electricity.

4. What are the advantages of using an electromagnet generator?

Some advantages of using an electromagnet generator include its ability to produce electricity without using any fuel, its portability, and its potential for renewable energy production.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when building an electromagnet generator?

Yes, there are a few safety precautions to consider when building an electromagnet generator. These include using insulated wire, ensuring proper connections, and keeping the generator away from water or other liquids. It is also important to follow all instructions carefully and seek assistance from a professional if needed.