Hi, I'm Adrian - A UK Student Studying for Advanced Levels!

In summary, Adrian is a British student currently studying Advanced Levels in maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, and economics at college. He plans to pursue a Physics BSc at either Oxford or Durham University after graduation. He enjoys spending time on the forum and his favorite fish is the anchovy. He is also a fan of Monty Python. Another member, Dave, welcomes him and wishes him luck on his studies. Another member, with a MS in statistics and currently working in the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries, also welcomes Adrian and asks if he enjoys his studies. Adrian expresses his interest in mechanics and doubts he could do statistics as a degree.
adi19956
Hi, I'm Adrian, a British student at college (US = senior high school year I think) studying Advanced Levels in maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and economics.
I plan to go on to do Physics BSc at university hoping for either Oxford or Durham universities (depending on my grades this year!).

Just thought I'd say hi. What's everyone else doing?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, Adrian, and welcome. I'm an old guy that pretty much hangs out with my dogs. My Uni days are long (40+) years behind me, but I still like spending time on PF.

hi there Adrian

welcome to PF. Best of luck on your new studies :)

cheers
Dave

Welcome Adrian! What's your favorite fish :smile:?

Hi all, thanks for replying. I hope to enjoy my time here :)

lisab said:
Welcome Adrian! What's your favorite fish :smile:?

Haha! You think I'd answer that without doing my research?
My favourite fish is the anchovy as they're small.
Also it's great to see Monty Python appreciation!

Hi Adrian, and welcome to the forum! I have a MS in statistics and I've been working as a statistician for the past 12 years in Canada (currently in the pharmaceutical/biomedical industries).

StatGuy2000 said:
Hi Adrian, and welcome to the forum! I have a MS in statistics and I've been working as a statistician for the past 12 years in Canada (currently in the pharmaceutical/biomedical industries).

Enjoying it? I'm not sure I could do statistics as a degree, I like mechanics too much :D

Related to Hi, I'm Adrian - A UK Student Studying for Advanced Levels!

What are the advanced levels that Adrian is studying for?

Adrian is studying for his Advanced Levels (A-Levels), which are the final two years of secondary education in the UK. They are typically taken by students aged 16-18 and are equivalent to the first two years of college in the US.

Why is Adrian studying for advanced levels?

Adrian is studying for his A-Levels in order to gain qualifications for higher education. A-Levels are a requirement for most universities in the UK, and they also provide a strong foundation for future studies and career opportunities.

What subjects is Adrian studying?

Adrian is studying four subjects for his A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Psychology. These subjects were chosen based on his interests and future career goals.

How long will it take Adrian to complete his advanced levels?

Adrian will complete his A-Levels in two years, as is the standard timeline for most students in the UK. However, some students may choose to take additional time to complete their studies, depending on their individual circumstances.

What is the grading system for A-Levels and how is it different from other countries?

The grading system for A-Levels in the UK is based on a letter scale, with A* being the highest grade and E being the lowest passing grade. This is different from other countries, such as the US, where a numerical grading system is often used. Additionally, A-Levels in the UK are subject-based, meaning students take exams in specific subjects rather than a wide range of courses like in other countries.