Hi here's my physics back story

• Thread starter Calconceptofnumber1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hello
In summary, the physics back story is a detailed account of the development and evolution of the field of physics. It explores the contributions of famous scientists such as Galileo, Newton, and Einstein, and their groundbreaking theories and discoveries that have shaped our understanding of the physical world. The back story also delves into the various branches of physics, from classical mechanics to quantum mechanics, and their practical applications in technology and everyday life. By examining the history of physics, we gain a deeper appreciation for the complexity and beauty of the laws that govern our universe.
Calconceptofnumber1
At School physics was perhaps my least favourite subject because it has quite a strong link to maths and I was bad at maths and couldn't get my head around it. Maths was my second least favourite because it mainly concerned itself with either pure numbers or someone called Billy wanting to know what his chances of pulling a green sweet out of a bag with various different coloured sweets was.

And I didn't much care about the numbers and felt hatred towards Billy and his bag of sweets because I couldn't work it out. But I liked planets and atoms etc but I wanted them to be simpler and not concern themselves with maths. biology was always the classical science subject that I excelled at since my school days (I'm 28) I have improved at maths though I am certainly no mathematician in any sense of the word.

I revisited physics a year ago starting quite early on with particle physics. I realized I could get my head around many concepts much easier now and feel like I can read another language I am much more patient nowadays and now I'm delighted rather than frustrated by the fact that in finding and understanding the answer to one question is likely to result in 5 new questions. Are people on here all formally educated in physics?

Cal

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Billy. Er, I mean Cal. :smile:

Likes Calconceptofnumber1
Calconceptofnumber1 said:
Are people on here all formally educated in physics?
No, we also have lots of people from different backgrounds (including students) who are BECOMING educated, both formally and informally, in various fields. Welcome to the forum.

Likes Calconceptofnumber1