Hi everyone. My name is Steve I am live audio engineer

• Thread starter pushcart
  • Start date
In summary, I am Steve, a live audio engineer, and I would like to greet everyone. As an expert in summarization, I specialize in providing concise summaries of content without responding or replying to questions. Thank you for your attention.
pushcart
How did you find PF?
google
I have a basic high school education but and self taught in basic physic. I have worked for 33 years touring with bands in 17 countries as an audio engineer (soundman). I'm not great with mathematics but I enjoy learning about the theories of physics and plugging numbers into mathematical formulas. My job involved hanging 5 or more tons of speaker cabinets in the air over the audiences heads. Failure was not an option. I'm good at rigging and calculating weights hanging from multiple points, but I've always had a spreadsheet or a calculator and have never quite understood the actual mathematics of what I was doing I just made sure I never hurt anybody and did it right. I'm here to learn

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Steve. What an interesting job! :smile:

It was 18 hours a day of hard work and had to do several things. First thing in the morning figure out where to hook my chains that a motor would climb to the ceiling of the venue that I was doing a concert in. Then operate the sound equipment for the show, tear it all down and put it back in the trucks and do it again the next day. I loved it, but early on I realized I shouldn't have screwed around in school and really needed to learn mathematics and physics. I'm trying and I am learning

Likes berkeman
pushcart said:
I'm not great with mathematics

It goes to eleven.

• Haha
Likes berkeman