Hertz Experiment: Original Paper on Photoelectric Effect

In summary: BTW, even though archive.org is very problematic when it comes to copyright violations, these publications are so old that their copyrights are no longer applicable, so the links are being allowed by the Mentors.
Sandeep T S
Can anyone share original paper of Hertz experiment on photoelectric effect.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Wikipedia article about the photoelectric effect has a link to it. Look in the "References" section.

[added] Ah, now I see you have to pay for access to the full article unless you have access through a university or other institution. Maybe if you do a Google search for the full title of the article...

jtbell said:
The Wikipedia article about the photoelectric effect has a link to it. Look in the "References" section.

[added] Ah, now I see you have to pay for access to the full article unless you have access through a university or other institution. Maybe if you do a Google search for the full title of the article...
Could you bring that for me, if you had any university affiliation

Sandeep T S said:
Could you bring that for me, if you had any university affiliation
That would be a copyright violation, so no.

berkeman said:
That would be a copyright violation
I'd have to check with my (former) college's library to see if I have access as retired faculty, but probably only personal use would be allowed; maybe also "institutional" use, i.e. sharing with colleagues or students there.

Likes berkeman
BTW, even though archive.org is very problematic when it comes to copyright violations, these publications are so old that their copyrights are no longer applicable, so the links are being allowed by the Mentors. :smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu

Related to Hertz Experiment: Original Paper on Photoelectric Effect

1. What is the Hertz Experiment?

The Hertz Experiment is a scientific experiment conducted by Heinrich Hertz in 1887 that aimed to demonstrate the existence of electromagnetic waves. He used a spark gap transmitter and a spark gap receiver to generate and detect radio waves.

2. What is the Photoelectric Effect?

The Photoelectric Effect is a phenomenon where electrons are emitted from a material when it is exposed to electromagnetic radiation, such as light. This effect was first observed by Heinrich Hertz in his experiment and later studied by Albert Einstein, who explained it using the concept of photons.

3. What were the key findings of the Hertz Experiment?

The key findings of the Hertz Experiment were that electromagnetic waves can be generated and detected, and that the energy of these waves is directly proportional to their frequency. This supported the wave theory of light and provided evidence for the existence of electromagnetic radiation.

4. How did the Hertz Experiment contribute to the development of modern physics?

The Hertz Experiment played a crucial role in the development of modern physics by providing evidence for the existence of electromagnetic radiation and supporting the wave theory of light. It also paved the way for further studies on the Photoelectric Effect, which led to the development of quantum mechanics and the understanding of the dual nature of light.

5. What is the significance of the Hertz Experiment in the history of science?

The Hertz Experiment is considered a landmark in the history of science because it provided evidence for the existence of electromagnetic waves, which were later used in technologies such as radio, television, and wireless communication. It also laid the foundation for further advancements in the field of physics and our understanding of the nature of light and energy.