Here's something neat you can do with a bachelor's degree in physics

In summary, Christopher L. Eisgruber has been named the 20th president of Princeton University, effective July 1st. He will succeed Shirley M. Tilghman, who announced her intention to step down after 12 years in office. Eisgruber has a prestigious background, having attended law school, clerked at the US Supreme Court, and taught at NYU law school.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You can become president of Princeton University!

Christopher L. Eisgruber, Princeton's provost for the past nine years, has been named the University's 20th president, effective July 1. He succeeds Shirley M. Tilghman, who last fall announced her intention to step down at the end of this academic year after completing 12 years in office.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S36/65/54C75/index.xml?section=featured

(OK, this guy also went to law school, clerked at the US Supreme Court, taught at NYU law school, etc...)

Physics news on Phys.org
Princeton's Physics Dept. does not need a nice boost. :)

Zz.

Does this mean their grad school admissions will become less strict :smile:?
Can't blame a guy for dreaming :smile:

I find it fascinating to see someone with a background in physics rise to the position of president of a prestigious university like Princeton. It speaks to the versatility and wide-ranging skills that a degree in physics can provide. It also highlights the value of interdisciplinary experiences, such as attending law school and teaching at a different institution, in shaping and preparing a leader for such a role. This appointment may serve as an inspiration for those pursuing a career in physics, showing that their knowledge and expertise can lead to unexpected and impactful opportunities.

Related to Here's something neat you can do with a bachelor's degree in physics

What can I do with a bachelor's degree in physics?

A bachelor's degree in physics can open up many career opportunities in various industries such as research, engineering, teaching, and data analysis. Some common job titles for physics graduates include research scientist, data analyst, mechanical engineer, and science teacher.

What skills will I gain from a bachelor's degree in physics?

A bachelor's degree in physics will provide you with a strong foundation in mathematics, problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. You will also gain knowledge in areas such as mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics.

Can I pursue a graduate degree with a bachelor's degree in physics?

Yes, many students with a bachelor's degree in physics go on to pursue a graduate degree in physics or related fields such as engineering, astronomy, or computer science. A graduate degree can further enhance your knowledge and skills and open up more advanced job opportunities.

What industries can I work in with a bachelor's degree in physics?

A bachelor's degree in physics can lead to job opportunities in a wide range of industries including aerospace, energy, healthcare, telecommunications, and finance. The problem-solving and analytical skills you gain from a physics degree are highly valued in many industries.

What salary can I expect with a bachelor's degree in physics?

The salary for someone with a bachelor's degree in physics can vary depending on their job title, industry, and location. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for physicists and astronomers is $122,850 as of May 2020. However, your earning potential can increase with experience and advanced degrees.