Help with WinFig Equations in Diagrams

• Thread starter Ivan Sayago
  • Start date
In summary, WinFig is a helpful tool for creating diagrams and equations. It offers a user-friendly interface and various features such as customizable templates and automatic equation numbering. It also allows for easy importing and exporting of diagrams and equations. However, it may require some troubleshooting and troubleshooting resources are available online.
Ivan Sayago
Hi, I am using WinFig in order to make some diagrams, i started using it since it was supposed that it allowed an easy way to write equations in the diagram. I am using the text option to introduce the equation as follows:

$x^2+y^2=R$

I thought that in the moment that i would press "Latex" buttom it would appear as it should, but it doesnt, it just keep just as writted "$x^2+y^2=R$". How can i make it show as an equation?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ivan Sayago said:
Hi, I am using WinFig in order to make some diagrams, i started using it since it was supposed that it allowed an easy way to write equations in the diagram. I am using the text option to introduce the equation as follows:

$x^2+y^2=R$

I thought that in the moment that i would press "Latex" buttom it would appear as it should, but it doesnt, it just keep just as writted "$x^2+y^2=R$". How can i make it show as an equation?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

For preview of LaTeX formatted texts you need a TeX installation. Have you installed one? Then you press "Latex" flag for your equation to be displayed properly.

QuantumQuest said:
For preview of LaTeX formatted texts you need a TeX installation. Have you installed one? Then you press "Latex" flag for your equation to be displayed properly.

Hmm actually i didnt, can i get some guidelines?

Ivan Sayago said:
Hmm actually i didnt, can i get some guidelines?

Take a look here: http://winfig.com/requirements/. There is info for various operating systems. You first have to read the guidelines for the operating system you have. There is a "Links" page, for the required downloads but for convenience if you have Windows, here's a link for MiKTeX http://miktex.org/download and for GhostScript here: http://www.ghostscript.com/download/gsdnld.html. For other operating systems, just follow the respective guidelines too. Also, WinFig documentation is something that you'll need, from time to time.

Related to Help with WinFig Equations in Diagrams

What is WinFig?

WinFig is a free, user-friendly software that allows you to create diagrams and figures with equations and annotations.

How do I insert equations into my diagrams using WinFig?

To insert equations, click on the "Insert" tab and select "Equation". A new window will open where you can type in your equation using LaTeX syntax. Click "Ok" to insert the equation into your diagram.

Can I edit equations after they have been inserted into my diagram?

Yes, you can edit equations by double-clicking on them. This will open the equation window again where you can make changes. Make sure to click "Ok" to save your changes.

How do I align equations in my diagram?

To align equations, select the equation(s) you want to align and click on the "Align" tab. You can choose to align the equations to the left, center, or right of the diagram.

Is there a way to change the font or size of equations in my diagram?

Yes, you can change the font and size of equations by selecting them and clicking on the "Font" tab. Here, you can choose a different font and adjust the font size to your preference.