Help with Thesis Statement: Lung Cancer Prevention

• Thread starter maria curie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thesis
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of lung cancer and the importance of being informed about its risks and how to decrease the chances of contracting it. The conversation also mentions that other types of cancer may not be as well known and that everyday behavior can lead to its development. The person speaking may need assistance with their thesis statement and potentially the grammatical aspects of their writing.
maria curie
hi , I have problems with thesis statement,(already my eng is not good).ı have a intro paragraph but not thesis
maybe one of you wants to help me..ı am writing ..thanks for it.

lung cancer kills more people in one year than all criminal and accidental deaths combined.
these statics are shocking,but the good news that people are now well informed about the
risks of lung cancer.they know that their risk of contracting cancer decreases if
they either stop smoking or do not smoke at all.unfortunately,the same can not be said
for other types of cancer .many people are not aware that their everyday behavior can lead to
development of these different forms of cancer.

Physics news on Phys.org
maria curie said:
many people are not aware that their everyday behavior can lead to
development of these different forms of cancer.
This sounds like a thesis statement that you can develop further into a full essay. I assume you will correct your capitalization and spelling before submitting this as an assignment, or do you also need help with the grammatical aspects?

ahhhh don't remind me of english classes or to be more specific...

ESSAYS!

i could be banned for posting my thoughts on essays.

Related to Help with Thesis Statement: Lung Cancer Prevention

What is lung cancer and why is it important to prevent?

Lung cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the lungs and can spread to other parts of the body. It is the leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide, with the majority of cases being preventable. Preventing lung cancer is important because it can significantly improve overall health and reduce the risk of mortality.

What are the risk factors for lung cancer?

The primary risk factor for lung cancer is smoking, which accounts for about 80% of lung cancer deaths. Exposure to secondhand smoke, radon, asbestos, and other environmental toxins can also increase the risk of developing lung cancer. In addition, genetics and family history can play a role in some cases.

What are some ways to prevent lung cancer?

The most effective way to prevent lung cancer is to avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke. Other ways to prevent lung cancer include maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and avoiding exposure to environmental toxins. Screening for lung cancer in high-risk individuals can also help detect the disease at an early stage.

How can a thesis statement help with lung cancer prevention?

A thesis statement is a clear and concise sentence that outlines the main argument or purpose of a research paper. When writing a paper on lung cancer prevention, a well-crafted thesis statement can guide the direction of the research and provide a clear focus for the paper. It can also help organize and present information in a logical manner.

What are some current research and advancements in lung cancer prevention?

There are ongoing efforts to develop new strategies for lung cancer prevention, such as vaccines and targeted therapies. Research is also being conducted to better understand the role of genetics and environmental factors in lung cancer development. Early detection methods, including the use of biomarkers and imaging techniques, are also being studied to improve the chances of successful treatment.