Help with Physics Books in Delhi, India

In summary, a high school student from Delhi, India is looking for book recommendations to increase their understanding of physics, particularly in the areas of space-time and dimensions. They want to use the 3-4 month gap before their college results to build a strong foundation in these topics. They have already read layman books like "A Brief History of Time" and "Theory of Everything" but want to go deeper. They have also attempted to come up with their own theories but realize they need a better understanding of the subjects. They are asking for suggestions on books and other activities, such as summer research camps, to improve their command over these subjects. One recommendation given is Leonard Susskind's lectures, but it is also suggested that learning
anubodh
I am from delhi ,India and have just completed my high school (3 days back was the last exam) and now there is a 3-4 months gap before the results come and i join a college.I want to pursue majors in physics and have a keen interest in research (especially space-time,dimension on which i read in a few books like brief history of time,theory of everything all of which were quite layman type books which anyone can read).
But in these 3-4 months i want to build a strong base on these few selected topics till the extent that i can think and reflect on them and start to bring up my on ideas.
I tried to think on these topics and made some theories (logical to me) but i realized till i don't understand these subjects fully,i cannot think something new, like a new theory.

So i want you to tell me with the kind of books which should i start reading (containing these topics) that are neither too layman type nor too mathematical, the things i should do to increase my command over these subjects and something else you could suggest me doing in these holidays (like summer research camps) etc.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi I am in high school too. I am studying physics I should recommend you Leonard Susskind Lectures its a good start for you.

Thanks for your reply.
But can anyone tell more about certain great books (of some high level but not too high) on the topics i mentioned for a guy of my age.

Honestly, I think that the best preparation would be to learn some math. How much do you know right now? How much physics do you know? What kind of high school classes did you take? All of those factor into what books you should read, as to go much deeper than a layperson's books a certain level of math knowledge and ability is necessary.

Related to Help with Physics Books in Delhi, India

1. What are the best physics books available in Delhi, India?

There are several great physics books available in Delhi, India. Some popular options include "Concepts of Physics" by HC Verma, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Resnick and Halliday, and "University Physics" by Young and Freedman.

2. Where can I purchase physics books in Delhi, India?

You can purchase physics books in Delhi, India at various bookstores, both physical and online. Some popular options include Oxford Bookstore, Flipkart, and Amazon India.

3. Are there any local bookstores in Delhi, India that specialize in physics books?

Yes, there are several local bookstores in Delhi, India that specialize in physics books. Some options include Bahri Sons, All India Book House, and Modern Book Store.

4. Are there any online resources for free physics books in Delhi, India?

Yes, there are several online resources where you can find free physics books in Delhi, India. Some options include Project Gutenberg, OpenStax, and Virtual Library of Physics.

5. Can I find physics books in languages other than English in Delhi, India?

Yes, you can find physics books in languages other than English in Delhi, India. Some popular languages include Hindi, Bengali, and Urdu. You can check with local bookstores or online retailers to find books in your preferred language.