Help with a walk on an ellipse

• Thread starter octohydra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ellipse
In summary, an ellipse is a flattened circle with two center points and a major and minor axis. To walk on an ellipse, you can follow the curved path by stepping along the major or minor axis or walk around the perimeter in a circular motion. Walking on an ellipse can provide low-impact exercise and improve balance and coordination. There is no specific direction to walk on an ellipse and you can walk on any complete ellipse, whether in nature or mathematically created.
octohydra
The problem is formally attached in the PDF. I did not see it fit to post my problem on the forum itself (sorry).

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• main.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 176
Physics news on Phys.org
hey octohydra, welcome to PF, so you know it usually takes a while for attachments to clear

That is fine by me. I felt that this was the best way I could present the problem even if TeX is native to the forum.

Related to Help with a walk on an ellipse

What is an ellipse?

An ellipse is a geometric shape that resembles a flattened circle. It has two center points and a major and minor axis. It is commonly found in nature and can also be created mathematically.

How do I walk on an ellipse?

To walk on an ellipse, you must follow the curved path of the shape. This can be achieved by keeping one foot at the center point and stepping with the other foot along the ellipse's major or minor axis. Alternatively, you can walk along the perimeter of the ellipse by placing one foot at a point on the curve and stepping with the other foot in a circular motion around the center point.

What are the benefits of walking on an ellipse?

Walking on an ellipse provides a low-impact form of exercise and can help improve balance and coordination. It can also be a fun and interesting way to explore and experience the shape of an ellipse.

Is there a specific direction to walk on an ellipse?

No, there is no specific direction to walk on an ellipse. You can walk in either a clockwise or counterclockwise direction, depending on your preference.

Can I walk on any ellipse?

Yes, you can walk on any ellipse as long as it is a complete shape with a continuous curved path. This can include natural ellipses found in nature, as well as mathematical ellipses created by drawing or constructing the shape.