Help me to choose an Aeronautical Engineering School Please

In summary, the individual is asking for advice on choosing an aeronautical engineering school from a list of options including Imperial College London, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Purdue, University of Illinois, UC Davis, UC San Diego, and University of Virginia. The responder suggests considering University of Illinois or Purdue due to their exceptional engineering programs, with Georgia Tech being the top choice. They also mention the importance of finances and location, with Davis being a good option if there is a scholarship available. The individual also asks about UCLA, but no further information is given.
selo1010
Help me to choose an Aeronautical Engineering School Please!

Hello everyone!

I am currently on my final year in high school and I am trying to choose between colleges which accepted me to study aeronautical engineering.
I will be glad if you can advise me. My choices are Imperial College London in UK; UCLA, Georgia Tech, Purdue, Illinois at Urbana, UC Davis( with scholarship), UC San Diego and University of Virginia.

I really need opinions on this subject! Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you want to build the iron man suit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having no knowledge about the UK school, I would heavily lean towards the University of Illinois or Purdue; both are exceptional engineering schools. Georgia Tech is even above both of schools, though. It seems that you have a lot of options - are finances a problem? Does geographical location matter?

I'd go to Davis if that is the only place you have a scholarship.

samnorris93 said:
Having no knowledge about the UK school, I would heavily lean towards the University of Illinois or Purdue; both are exceptional engineering schools. Georgia Tech is even above both of schools, though. It seems that you have a lot of options - are finances a problem? Does geographical location matter?

Everybody says that Atlanta is a boring city even if academics is the most important factor for me location is crucial too.

What about UCLA?

Related to Help me to choose an Aeronautical Engineering School Please

1. What is the best Aeronautical Engineering school?

The answer to this question is subjective and depends on individual preferences and needs. It is important to research and compare different schools based on factors such as curriculum, faculty, facilities, and opportunities for practical experience.

2. What are the top Aeronautical Engineering schools in the world?

Some of the top Aeronautical Engineering schools in the world include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and University of Cambridge. However, it is important to consider factors beyond rankings when choosing a school.

3. What should I look for in an Aeronautical Engineering school?

When choosing an Aeronautical Engineering school, it is important to consider factors such as accreditation, faculty expertise and experience, curriculum, research opportunities, facilities, and industry connections. It is also important to visit the campus and speak to current students and alumni to get a better understanding of the school's culture and community.

4. Are there any specialized Aeronautical Engineering schools?

Yes, there are specialized Aeronautical Engineering schools that focus solely on this field, such as Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and the Georgia Institute of Technology. However, many traditional universities also offer Aeronautical Engineering programs, so it is important to research and compare schools to find the best fit for you.

5. What are the career opportunities for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

Aeronautical Engineering graduates can pursue careers in various industries, such as aerospace, aviation, defense, and government agencies. They can work as design engineers, research engineers, aerodynamicists, systems engineers, and more. With the rapid growth of the aerospace industry, there is a high demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates, making it a promising career path.