Help Me Simulate Circuit & Get Graph of V Marks vs Time

In summary, the person is having trouble simulating a circuit with zener diodes set to specific reverse and forward biased voltages. They are also unable to see the graph of the 2V marks versus time. They are looking for help and have attached the .sch file. The suggested solution is to use MicroCAP SPICE or to refer to "Semiconductor Device Modelling with SPICE" for building a macromodel with DC voltage sources and diodes.
Olympus
Hi guys, I'm having a problem simulating the following circuit:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/986/labtcfe.jpg

I want to set those zener diodes to have a reverse biased voltage of 9.1V and forward biased of 1.2V but I don't know how to do it.

The second problem, is that I can't see, when I simulate, the Graph of those 2 V marks versus the time.

Can Someone help me out please? I've attached the .sch file.

Thx :)

Edit: Just noticed that R2 and R3 are switched. R2= 10k and R3=20.6k

Attachments

• circ.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Here's the way to do it in MicroCAP SPICE. PSPICE may be similar. Is there anything in the Help files or application notes at the PSICE website?

http://www.spectrum-soft.com/news/fall2000/zenermodel.shtm

Alternately, you can do it as described in "Semiconductor Device Modelling with SPICE" by Antognetti and Massobrio. They build a macromodel with a DC voltage source in series with a standard diode in the forward direction (anode to cathode), and a DC voltage source in series with a diode and resistor in the reverse breakdown direction.

Thx for the help, I will check it out :)
I didn't find much support on PSpice website about this...

Related to Help Me Simulate Circuit & Get Graph of V Marks vs Time

1. How can I simulate a circuit and get a graph of voltage marks over time?

To simulate a circuit and get a graph of voltage marks over time, you will need to use simulation software or tools such as SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) or LTspice. These tools allow you to enter the circuit components and parameters, simulate the circuit, and plot the voltage marks over time.

2. Do I need any special equipment to simulate a circuit and get a graph of voltage marks over time?

No, you do not need any special equipment to simulate a circuit and get a graph of voltage marks over time. Simulation software or tools are available for free and can be downloaded online. However, you may need to have a basic understanding of circuit theory and how to use the software.

3. Can I simulate any type of circuit and get a graph of voltage marks over time?

Yes, you can simulate various types of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits, and get a graph of voltage marks over time. The simulation software or tools have a wide range of circuit components and models that can be used to simulate different types of circuits.

4. What information can I obtain from simulating a circuit and getting a graph of voltage marks over time?

Simulating a circuit and getting a graph of voltage marks over time can provide valuable information such as the behavior of the circuit, the voltage and current values at different points in the circuit, and the effect of different components or parameters on the circuit's performance.

5. How accurate are the results obtained from simulating a circuit and getting a graph of voltage marks over time?

The accuracy of the results obtained from simulating a circuit and getting a graph of voltage marks over time depends on the circuit model used, the simulation settings, and the accuracy of the components' parameters. Generally, simulation results can provide a good approximation of the circuit's behavior, but they may not be 100% accurate.