Help making Einstein Graphic Tee

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of purchasing a t-shirt with a specific design, but at a lower price. The speaker expresses their love for a particular t-shirt design but feels that the price of $30+ (after shipping) is too high. They have tried creating a similar design on custom t-shirt websites, but have encountered difficulties with the color of the t-shirt not matching the image. The speaker asks for help in finding a solution to this issue, suggesting the use of software or online tools to make the black color transparent and save it in a format that supports transparency. The conversation ends with the mention of finding the same design on another website at a lower price.
MPKU
So, I'm a big fan of this t-shirt...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/chuckirina/works/10042759-live-for-today?body_color=black&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&ref=shop_grid&style=mens

However, I don't feel anyone should have to pay $30+ (after shipping) for a t-shirt. I've tried making pretty much the same image on one of these custom t-shirt sites, however whenever I add the image, the t-shirt color on the websites is a different shade of black from the one I use. Therefore, my shirt looks has a square outline of where the image was added. I've tried matching the colors, however I did not prevail. Can anyone with better skills at photo editing point me in the right direction / how to get this for less money.. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you make the black color "transparent", then save in a format (like .png) that supports transparency?
Software like Photoshop or GIMP or ImageMagick can do this... there are probably online tools that can also do this.

That exact same design is also on Society6 and the base price is lower there.

Related to Help making Einstein Graphic Tee

1. How can I make an Einstein graphic tee?

Making an Einstein graphic tee is a simple process. First, find an image of Einstein that you want to use on your tee. Then, use a graphic design software or app to edit the image and add any text or effects you want. Finally, print the design onto transfer paper and iron it onto a blank t-shirt.

2. What type of image should I use for my Einstein graphic tee?

You can use any type of image for your Einstein graphic tee, whether it is a photograph or a cartoon. Just make sure the image is clear and of good quality so that it looks good when printed on the t-shirt.

3. Can I make an Einstein graphic tee without using a graphic design software?

Yes, there are various online tools and apps that allow you to create custom graphics and designs without the need for a graphic design software. You can also use pre-made templates and designs to make the process easier.

4. How do I ensure the design stays on the t-shirt for a long time?

To ensure the design on your Einstein graphic tee lasts for a long time, make sure to use high-quality transfer paper and follow the instructions for printing and ironing carefully. Additionally, wash the t-shirt inside out and avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach when washing.

5. Can I sell Einstein graphic tees that I make?

Yes, you can sell Einstein graphic tees that you make as long as you have the rights to use the image and design. If you are using an image of Einstein that is copyrighted, you may need to obtain permission or a license from the copyright holder before selling the t-shirts.