Help finding error in my Circuit Analysis

In summary, the conversation discusses a discrepancy between the values obtained using a circuit simulation program and those obtained manually. After identifying and correcting a few errors, the values matched.
mkematt96

Homework Statement

IMG_1013.JPG

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

IMG_1012.JPG

My values for i1,i2,and i3 were: -.005179,-.002857 and .004857. When I ran the same circuit through LT Spice the values they gave me were .00059081,.000809628, and .00119037. Where did I make my error?
* as a side not I notices I only have 1000 instead of 10,000 in my matrix for the first line. The values I got were using 10,000 instead of 1000 in the first line.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 718
Physics news on Phys.org
Since you know the answer from your simulation result, I'd post the values I am getting.
I am getting VAB= 7.221V and IR3= 1.4mA.

For I1, I2 and I3 (labelled differently in my working) I am getting the same values as your LTspice result (just 10 times more, since you used 10000 instead of 1000).

Likes berkeman
I see a couple of mistakes. In your equation for loop 1 you left out the 5k resistor.

In your equation for the super mesh, you have a term 4k(I1 - I2). This should be 4k(I2 - I1).

The Electrician said:
I see a couple of mistakes. In your equation for loop 1 you left out the 5k resistor.

In your equation for the super mesh, you have a term 4k(I1 - I2). This should be 4k(I2 - I1).
After making these changes I got my numbers to match the LT Spice number! Thanks!

Related to Help finding error in my Circuit Analysis

1. What is the best way to find an error in my circuit analysis?

The best way to find an error in your circuit analysis is to double-check all of your calculations and make sure they are accurate. You can also simulate your circuit using software or test it with actual components to see if the results match your analysis.

2. How can I identify the source of an error in my circuit analysis?

To identify the source of an error in your circuit analysis, you can use the process of elimination by checking each component and connection in your circuit. You can also use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at different points in the circuit to see if they match your calculations.

3. What should I do if I cannot find the error in my circuit analysis?

If you are having trouble finding the error in your circuit analysis, you can seek help from a colleague or a mentor who has experience in circuit analysis. You can also try breaking down your analysis into smaller sections and checking each one individually.

4. How can I prevent errors in my circuit analysis?

To prevent errors in your circuit analysis, it is important to have a thorough understanding of circuit theory and the principles of circuit analysis. It is also helpful to double-check your calculations and simulations, and to use reliable components and equipment.

5. Can software tools help in detecting errors in my circuit analysis?

Yes, software tools can be very helpful in detecting errors in your circuit analysis. They can simulate your circuit and provide accurate results, which can be compared to your analysis. They can also highlight any discrepancies or errors in your calculations, making it easier to find and fix them.