Has anyone attended University of Colorado?

In summary, a current EE student at Boulder campus for engineering enjoys the curriculum and campus, with a lot of aerospace projects available. The applied math department is challenging, but the workload is worth it for the skills learned. The campus is located in a beautiful area with many modes of transportation used by students. The atmosphere is social and beneficial for networking and studying. The acceptance rate is not mentioned.
kdoyle13
Boulder campus for engineering? Did you like the curriculum and campus?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm a current EE student there and really enjoy it. From your other thread, I'll tell you that they have a lot of aerospace projects going on there. Check out this website.

http://spacegrant.colorado.edu/

Overall, I would say it's a pretty difficult school. The applied math department will really kick your butt with Calc 1-3 and then Diffy Q/Linear Algebra. They put a fairly heavy workload in their classes, mostly due to the projects they assign. But you'll learn a lot of math modeling and MATLAB from those classes so it's worth it.

The campus is beautiful and right next to the mountains. Once the weather gets a little warmer, I plan on going on some hikes in between classes. Many students use various modes of transportation around campus: bikes, skateboards, longboards, even unicycles. Haha so when you're walking you might have to be cautious because they usually won't give a walker the right away which sometimes can get a bit annoying. In contrast to other campuses I've attended, everyone here is pretty social which is going to be a huge benefit once looking for a job comes near. It's also great when looking to study in groups and of course friendship. Let me know if you have anymore questions or PM me, whichever.

DrummingAtom said:
I'm a current EE student there and really enjoy it. From your other thread, I'll tell you that they have a lot of aerospace projects going on there. Check out this website.

http://spacegrant.colorado.edu/

Overall, I would say it's a pretty difficult school. The applied math department will really kick your butt with Calc 1-3 and then Diffy Q/Linear Algebra. They put a fairly heavy workload in their classes, mostly due to the projects they assign. But you'll learn a lot of math modeling and MATLAB from those classes so it's worth it.

The campus is beautiful and right next to the mountains. Once the weather gets a little warmer, I plan on going on some hikes in between classes. Many students use various modes of transportation around campus: bikes, skateboards, longboards, even unicycles. Haha so when you're walking you might have to be cautious because they usually won't give a walker the right away which sometimes can get a bit annoying. In contrast to other campuses I've attended, everyone here is pretty social which is going to be a huge benefit once looking for a job comes near. It's also great when looking to study in groups and of course friendship. Let me know if you have anymore questions or PM me, whichever.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning.. signed up for some tour thing. I wrote my 2 personal essays tonight. do you know what the acceptance rate is?

Related to Has anyone attended University of Colorado?

1. What is the acceptance rate at the University of Colorado?

The acceptance rate at the University of Colorado varies depending on the specific campus and program. For the main campus in Boulder, the acceptance rate is around 78%, while the Denver and Colorado Springs campuses have acceptance rates of 64% and 89%, respectively.

2. How much does it cost to attend the University of Colorado?

The cost of attending the University of Colorado also varies based on the campus and program. For the main campus in Boulder, the estimated total cost for an in-state student is around $28,000 per year, while out-of-state students can expect to pay around $51,000 per year. The Denver and Colorado Springs campuses have slightly lower costs, with an estimated total cost of $25,000 for in-state students and $42,000 for out-of-state students.

3. What majors and programs does the University of Colorado offer?

The University of Colorado offers a wide range of majors and programs across its multiple campuses. Some popular majors include business, engineering, psychology, and biology. The university also has a variety of graduate programs, including law, medicine, and education.

4. Is the University of Colorado a public or private university?

The University of Colorado is a public university, meaning it is funded in part by the state government. However, each campus within the University of Colorado system operates somewhat independently and may have different funding sources.

5. What is the student life like at the University of Colorado?

The student life at the University of Colorado is vibrant and diverse, with a wide range of clubs, organizations, and events. The university also has a strong athletic program, with the CU Buffs competing in the NCAA Division I. Additionally, the surrounding city of Boulder offers many outdoor activities and cultural experiences for students to enjoy.