Hard to concentrate on coursework

In summary, the individual is struggling with their academic performance in college and is seeking help to improve. They have been having trouble focusing and have not been studying as much as they should. They are open to considering a different major, but have been studying their current major for the past three years. In the last two semesters, their academic performance has significantly declined and they are unsure of the cause. It is suggested that they see a doctor to rule out any potential attention disorders and to address any possible burn-out.
h-h
I have this problem and I need help .. please

School problem, it has been my second semester in college and I am doing really bad. I know I am not studying as much as I should. But every time I open the book , I start thinking of something else …. Seriously I tried all my best to concentrate on school but…….could not :S
Pleas, is there any thing that I can do to help me to do well ?

Physics news on Phys.org

Are you doing the right major?? If you do something you don't like, then it's hard to invest time in it. Is there some major you would rather want to do?

h-h said:
I have this problem and I need help .. please

School problem, it has been my second semester in college and I am doing really bad. I know I am not studying as much as I should. But every time I open the book , I start thinking of something else …. Seriously I tried all my best to concentrate on school but…….could not :S
Pleas, is there any thing that I can do to help me to do well ?
Have you seen a doctor to see if you have ADD or ADHD? You should see a doctor.

yeah i am doing the major i like. I have been studying this major for the last 3 years but my problem in the last two semesters

h-h said:
yeah i am doing the major i like. I have been studying this major for the last 3 years but my problem in the last two semesters

What changed in the last two semesters??
It could be a burn-out. Evo's advice of seeing a psychiatrist is a very good one.

micromass said:
What changed in the last two semesters??
It could be a burn-out. Evo's advice of seeing a psychiatrist is a very good one.

i do not know dude .. and i did not see a doctor for ADD or ADHD...

thnx guys for ur advices

Related to Hard to concentrate on coursework

1. Why is it hard to concentrate on coursework?

There can be various reasons why someone may find it hard to concentrate on coursework. It could be due to distractions, lack of interest in the subject, anxiety or stress, physical or mental health issues, or simply feeling overwhelmed with the workload.

2. How can I improve my concentration on coursework?

There are several strategies that can help improve concentration on coursework. Some of them include creating a study schedule, finding a quiet and comfortable study space, eliminating distractions, taking breaks, practicing mindfulness, and seeking help from a tutor or teacher.

3. Is it normal to have difficulty concentrating on coursework?

Yes, it is normal to have difficulty concentrating on coursework at times. It is a common experience for many students, especially during times of high stress or when dealing with other personal or academic challenges. However, if the difficulty persists and significantly affects academic performance, it is recommended to seek help from a professional.

4. How can I stay motivated to concentrate on coursework?

Staying motivated to concentrate on coursework can be challenging, but there are a few things that can help. Setting achievable goals, rewarding yourself for completing tasks, finding a study partner or group, and reminding yourself of the long-term benefits of completing the coursework can all help with motivation.

5. What are some tips for staying focused while studying?

Some tips for staying focused while studying include breaking down the coursework into smaller chunks, practicing active learning techniques such as summarizing and teaching the material to someone else, avoiding multitasking, and staying hydrated and well-rested.