Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Happy New Year!!

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
To the MHB community,

On behalf of the owners and staff of MHB, we would like to wish you all a Happy New Year!! (Party) (Party)

It's been a great 11 months (our one year anniversary takes place in about 4 weeks); thank you all for your support as we try to become a better math site every day. We have many plans in store for 2013, including but not limited to:

- upgrading our vBulletin license to include personal blogs for each of our members
- more rigorous advertising of the site
- implementing monthly/quarterly awards for our members from a number of categories (which are still TBD at this point in time).
- and much more.

I will also be making progress on the Differential Equations tutorial and will be making more contributions than I have in the past since my workload in 2013 looks much lighter.

We want to thank all of our members who make MHB such a great site and math community. Our staff - Helpers, Moderators and Global Moderators - help lighten the work load for the Admins and we greatly appreciate what they do. The Math Helpers are the ones who jump on math problems quickly and diligently, setting such a high standard for our forum. We thank them as well. Finally, thank you to Ackbach and CaptainBlack, who help us so much with grunt work and bring a perspective to big decisions we so greatly need.

We also want to mention some members who are not part of our staff that have helped in various ways:

1) Top chat box participants: Fantini, Bacterius, kanderson. Thank you guys for always giving us something to talk about and being around the site so much. You greatly add to our sense of community.
2) Challenge problem participants: sbhatnagar, caffeinemachine, Wilmer. These problems give our veterans something to ponder for themselves beyond giving math help and we all enjoy reading the challenges you post. Thank you.
3) POTW participants - There are too many to name here but we really appreciate those who participate in this weekly event. This is something that is very unique to our forum and we are really glad to offer it. We hope more and more members participate in 2013.

If we haven't mentioned your name do not think we don't know who you are. We are familiar with every single member who visits MHB and we are so glad that you are among us! :) We look forward to having you with us in the years to come.

Again, thank you for being a part of our community and I hope you're looking forward to what is to come in 2013! (Bigsmile)

-- Chris & Jameson

Last edited: