H.E.L.P DC motor , Acc, velocity (Achieving fastest speed and reducing clashing)

In summary: Ultimately, finding the right balance between velocity and acceleration will result in the fastest speed while minimizing the overturn of the bracket.
wise318
problem.jpg

can anyone refer ot my problem: I have a dc motor drive a bracket of 3 kg rotating 180 Anticlockwise

My question Is what is the best velocity and acceleration to achieve fastest speed and minimizing the overturn of the

#1If I set the Velocity higher than the acceleration such as
V= 1800 m /s
A= 3000 m /s^2

My assumption it will bang after exceed the alumunium rotated 90 degree due to body weight and gravity.

#2 if set Velocity equal to acceleration
V= 1800 m / s
Acc=1800 m /s ^2

My assumption: it will bang however is it smoother.

#3 what if
V = 1800
Acc= 1000

Do you think motor will maintain it 1000 m /s ^2

And do you think it cushion the clashing of the bracket to the ground

#4 can you advice me the best way to reduce clashing to the ground and had fast speed to reach the ground

Physics news on Phys.org
The best way to reduce clashing and achieve a fast speed is to use a combination of velocity and acceleration. You should set the velocity at a higher value than the acceleration, but make sure that it is not too high. For example, you could set the velocity to 1800 m/s and the acceleration to 1000 m/s^2. This will ensure that the motor can maintain its 1000 m/s^2 acceleration and cushion the clashing of the bracket to the ground. Additionally, using a lower acceleration setting will reduce wear and tear on the motor, which can help prolong its life.

I would first like to commend you on your detailed experimentation and analysis of the problem at hand. In order to achieve the fastest speed and reduce clashing, there are a few factors to consider.

Firstly, the velocity and acceleration of the DC motor must be carefully balanced. Setting the velocity too high, as in #1, could lead to the bracket banging against the ground due to the centrifugal force caused by the high speed. On the other hand, setting the velocity and acceleration equal to each other, as in #2, may result in a smoother motion but could still lead to clashing due to the high speed.

In order to minimize clashing, it is important to carefully control the acceleration of the motor. As you mentioned in #3, reducing the acceleration to 1000 m/s^2 could help cushion the impact of the bracket on the ground. However, this may also result in a slower speed.

To achieve the fastest speed while reducing clashing, I would recommend experimenting with different combinations of velocity and acceleration. You could also consider using a control system, such as a PID (Proportional-Integral-Derivative) controller, to precisely control the speed and acceleration of the motor. Additionally, using shock absorbers or dampening materials on the bracket could also help reduce the impact on the ground.

Overall, the best approach to reducing clashing and achieving fast speed would be to carefully balance the velocity and acceleration of the DC motor, and possibly implement a control system and shock-absorbing materials. I hope this helps and good luck with your experiment!

Related to H.E.L.P DC motor , Acc, velocity (Achieving fastest speed and reducing clashing)

1. What is a H.E.L.P DC motor and how does it work?

A H.E.L.P DC motor stands for High Efficiency Low Profile DC motor. It is a type of electric motor that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. The motor works by using the interaction between a magnetic field and electric current to generate rotational motion.

2. How can I achieve the fastest speed with a H.E.L.P DC motor?

To achieve the fastest speed with a H.E.L.P DC motor, you can increase the voltage and current supplied to the motor. This will result in a stronger magnetic field and more torque, allowing the motor to rotate at a faster speed. Additionally, using high-quality bearings and reducing friction in the motor can also help to increase the speed.

3. What is the role of acceleration in a H.E.L.P DC motor?

Acceleration plays a crucial role in achieving the fastest speed with a H.E.L.P DC motor. It is the rate of change of velocity and is directly related to the motor's torque. By increasing the acceleration, you can achieve a faster speed and reduce the time it takes for the motor to reach its maximum speed.

4. How can I reduce clashing in a H.E.L.P DC motor?

Clashing refers to the noise and vibration produced by the motor when the rotor and stator come into contact. To reduce clashing in a H.E.L.P DC motor, you can use precision engineering techniques to ensure the perfect alignment of the rotor and stator. Additionally, using high-quality materials and lubrication can also help to reduce clashing.

5. What is the role of velocity in a H.E.L.P DC motor?

Velocity is the rate of change of position and is a crucial factor in achieving the fastest speed in a H.E.L.P DC motor. By increasing the velocity, you can achieve a higher rotational speed of the motor's shaft. This can be achieved by using a higher gear ratio or controlling the motor's speed with a variable frequency drive.