Gravity between you and your computer monitor

In summary, the force of gravity between a person weighing 40 kg to 80 kg and a computer monitor can be estimated using the equation Fg = m1xm2/d2. The reason why we do not notice this force is because the force of gravity is relatively weak compared to other forces acting on us.
aatari
Hi Fellas could someone kindly check my solution, please.

Homework Statement

Calculate the force of gravity between you and your computer monitor. Estimate suitable values. (Women: 40 kg to 60 kg, men: 50 kg to 80 kg). Why have you not noticed this force?

Homework Equations

Fg = m1xm2/d2[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

1.jpg
[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
aatari said:
Hi Fellas could someone kindly check my solution, please.

Homework Statement

Calculate the force of gravity between you and your computer monitor. Estimate suitable values. (Women: 40 kg to 60 kg, men: 50 kg to 80 kg). Why have you not noticed this force?

Homework Equations

Fg = m1xm2/d2[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

View attachment 114271 [/B]
Looks reasonable.
There are some typos in your "relevant equation".

Related to Gravity between you and your computer monitor

What is gravity between me and my computer monitor?

Gravity is the force of attraction between two objects with mass. In this case, it is the force of attraction between you and your computer monitor.

How does gravity between me and my computer monitor work?

Gravity between two objects depends on their masses and the distance between them. The greater the mass of the objects and the closer they are to each other, the stronger the force of gravity.

Why don't I feel the force of gravity between me and my computer monitor?

The force of gravity between you and your computer monitor is very small because both objects have relatively small masses and are relatively far apart. This makes the force of gravity too weak to be noticeable.

Does the force of gravity between me and my computer monitor change?

Yes, the force of gravity between two objects can change if their masses or distance change. However, the change is very small and not noticeable in most cases.

Can I change the force of gravity between me and my computer monitor?

No, as an individual, you do not have control over the force of gravity between you and your computer monitor. It is a natural force that cannot be altered or controlled by humans.