Grade 11 Physics, Need resources

In summary, the person is seeking help with their Grade 11 physics and is asking for recommendations for good websites or books. The responder suggests looking up the topics taught in Year 11 and using online resources to help understand concepts like vectors and UALM. They also advise against simply memorizing and suggest asking for help with specific homework problems.
mat1101
Hi,

I just started gr 11 physics, and I need help.
I don't really understand the concepts being given and I want to learn more, so if you have any good websites or books that will help me, please list them

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
You're going to need to be a lot more specific than that.

What physics concepts are you learning?

Uhm, you could also try learning this the way I do. I have a set of assignments governing a number physics principles and by trying to solve them, somewhere along the way I might understand what it means.

I strongly advise against simply trying to cram this stuff in your head - you just memorise patterns, but you might not understand them. You could ask what is taught in Year11 and look up the subjects in Google.

for example: Newton's Laws of motion are definitely in Year 11.

okay mainly Vectors and UALM so far

I'm sure there are hundreds of articles online that can help you with this. Just google vectors.

If you have any specific homework problems you're having trouble with, feel free to post those.

1. What topics are covered in Grade 11 Physics?

The topics covered in Grade 11 Physics usually include motion, forces, energy, waves, electricity, and magnetism. These topics are essential for understanding the basic principles of physics and building a strong foundation for future studies in the field.

2. Where can I find resources for Grade 11 Physics?

There are many resources available for Grade 11 Physics, including textbooks, online videos and tutorials, practice problems, and study guides. Your school or local library may also have resources that you can borrow. Additionally, many educational websites and apps offer interactive resources for learning physics.

3. Are there any online courses or programs for Grade 11 Physics?

Yes, there are many online courses and programs available for Grade 11 Physics. These courses can be a helpful supplement to your regular classroom learning or can be used as a primary source of instruction. Some online courses may also offer interactive labs and simulations to enhance your understanding of the concepts.

4. How can I prepare for exams in Grade 11 Physics?

To prepare for exams in Grade 11 Physics, it is important to review your notes and practice solving problems. You can also use study guides and past exam papers to get familiar with the types of questions that may be asked. Additionally, working with a study group or seeking help from a tutor can also be beneficial.

5. Are there any recommended websites for Grade 11 Physics?

There are many websites that offer resources for Grade 11 Physics, including Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. These websites provide comprehensive and interactive materials for learning and practicing physics concepts. It is also recommended to check your textbook publisher's website, as they may offer additional resources for students.