Google Wave invites give out (Ive got 12)

In summary, dotman is trying to spread the virus of Wave by posting in a thread where people are already discussing it. He asks for people's email addresses before providing any information about Wave, and then claims that advertising is not allowed. He does not understand the point of sharing, and makes it sound like he is trying to sell something.
MaxMackie
Hey guys,

Just joined the forums and I decided to share and give out some of my Google Wave invites.
I'll only give them out to people who are active and are going to use it.
Here are my conditions:

-That you use Wave (it is still in relative open beta, so its only logical to use it)
-That you add me as a contact

That's about it.
First come, first serve.
Please post your email (gmail, hopefully)

If you need some help getting into Wave (supported browsers: FF, IE, Safari, NOT opera) or getting to know the interface or whatever, PM me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thats a form to give your email so when Google sends out the next wave (no pun intended) of invites, you might get one. Keep in mind the list is long.

I'm already on wave and the invites that I am allowed to give out are, for the most part instantaneous. Within a couples hours you can actually use Wave.

Does anyone else feel that Google is the Skynet? Centralized server that will store all your daily communications, bypassing need for SMS, e-mail, phone conversations, video chat. This 'technology' will put most facebook/twitter/yahoo/msn types of business, not to mention bogarting other cellphone makers with their G1 phone. Having monopoly on email wasn't enough now its going to include all the communications. Next stop: buying skype and incorporating that

I haven't read the TOS lately, but if guerilla marketing isn't against the forum rules, it should be...

Wave is Google's way of re-inventing a 40 year old technology.
If you don't like it, that's fine. But please don't ruin this thread for others who might want to participate.

Wave integrates (or at least, is trying to) IM, email, personal notes, document sharing, collaboration work.

Privacy Policy: http://wave.google.com/help/wave/privacy.html
They don't keep anything else than Hotmail would keep or any other site that uses a counter (most counters record IPs and other info to help the webmaster design his website to target different public)

MaxMackie said:
Wave is Google's way of re-inventing a 40 year old technology.
If you don't like it, that's fine. But please don't ruin this thread for others who might want to participate.

Wave integrates (or at least, is trying to) IM, email, personal notes, document sharing, collaboration work.

Privacy Policy: http://wave.google.com/help/wave/privacy.html

1. I don't need you in my contacts
2. I don't want you having my email
3. I don't care for Google Wave either way

cronxeh said:
1. I don't need you in my contacts
2. I don't want you having my email
3. I don't care for Google Wave either way

Then why are you posting in this thread?

MaxMackie said:
Then why are you posting in this thread?

4. I don't want you having other people's emails either

It seems to spread like a virus through their phonebooks, and sooner or later it will find its way into MY inbox.

Then, when it does, you can do like others like you should: ignore it.
If you do not want to give out your email address, that's your personal choice.
Anyone who wants an invite can PM me their email if they want.
You cannot enforce your personal opinions on others and expect everyone to follow suit.

Hey, guess what. I looked, and advertising is against the TOS.

IBTL. Enjoy.

You seem to miss the point completely dotman. I'm sure if you took the time to read and carefully go through what I'm saying, you would see that this isn't advertising but sharing.

MaxMackie said:
You seem to miss the point completely dotman. I'm sure if you took the time to read and carefully go through what I'm saying, you would see that this isn't advertising but sharing.

I'm sorry I am bored already, what were you saying?

The first post is pretty clear.
I have Wave invitations (just like the thousands of others who are currently using Wave).
Google gives us these invites so that we, in turn, can give them out to others. This is part of the testing and will help the developers see how much the server can handle and what needs they need to meet.

This isn't advertising.
This isn't me trying to troll the forums.
Simple trying to be nice and share with some people.

Just click "Report" and let he mentors decide if this is acceptable. Like this... :click:

Although, I do not want cronxeh to get mad at me, I won't mind:

<email address deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinu7 said:
Although, I do not want cronxeh to get mad at me, I won't mind:

<email address deleted>

Oh thanks! I have been looking for email addresses to sell! :yoink:

Last edited by a moderator:
PM MaxMackie if you want an invite. Locked.

Related to Google Wave invites give out (Ive got 12)

1. Can I have one of your Google Wave invites?

Unfortunately, I cannot give out any of my Google Wave invites as they are limited and I already have plans for all 12 of them.

2. How do I get a Google Wave invite?

Currently, Google Wave is not available to the public and invites are limited to those who were part of the beta tester program or were given invites by someone who already has access.

3. What can I do with a Google Wave invite?

A Google Wave invite allows you to access and use the Google Wave platform, which is a real-time communication and collaboration tool. You can use it to communicate with others, share files, and work together on projects.

4. Can I give my Google Wave invite to someone else?

No, Google Wave invites are tied to the email address they were sent to and cannot be transferred to someone else.

5. When will Google Wave be available to the public?

There is no official release date for Google Wave to be available to the public. Google is still developing and improving the platform, and it may be some time before it is open to everyone.