Get into MIT: Tips for 18-Year-Olds After 12th Grade

• Thread starter Aswathy R Men
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mit
In summary, the speaker is an 18 year old from India who has a desire to attend MIT for their graduation. They are seeking information about the application process and the speaker mentions that admission is very selective. The speaker also mentions that there are no insane entrance exams, just the SAT I and two SAT II tests. They advise that the SAT II tests should be in Math and another science subject. The speaker also mentions that the individual may be taking the JEE as well. They also mention a recent forum thread about getting into MIT.
Aswathy R Men
I have a great desire to get into MIT for my graduation.I love the video lectures and notes they publish on MITOCW.I m now 18,just completed my 12th.Can anybody help me with any information regarding this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Where are you located? In the US, if you just finished 12th grade, you should have applied last fall. You can still apply this fall though, and you will be considered for entry in the fall of 2012. The site looks like it has everything you need to know. Just remember that admission is very selective and sometimes even the brightest students don't get in.

http://mitadmissions.org/index.php/

Thank you so much for replying me.I am frm India.Is there any test ?

There is no insane entrance exam to take. Just the SAT I and two SAT II tests. The SAT II subject tests should be in Maths and in another science subject. I suspect you're doing the JEE as well, in which case, the SAT II tests shouldn't be very hard for you.

On another note...an 18 y/o with an undergrad master's degree wishing to go to MIT...

Hmm.

Related to Get into MIT: Tips for 18-Year-Olds After 12th Grade

What is MIT?

MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is a prestigious private research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is known for its strong emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields, and for producing successful and innovative leaders in these fields.

What are the requirements to get into MIT?

The requirements for admission to MIT include a strong academic background with a focus on challenging coursework in STEM subjects, high standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities that demonstrate leadership and a passion for learning. It is also important to have a well-written personal statement and to showcase any unique skills or experiences that set you apart from other applicants.

What can 18-year-olds do to increase their chances of getting into MIT?

To increase your chances of getting into MIT, it is important to focus on excelling academically in challenging courses, especially in STEM subjects. You should also seek out opportunities for research, internships, and leadership roles in extracurricular activities. Additionally, it is helpful to showcase your passion for learning and your unique qualities in your application materials.

What is the average GPA and test scores of students admitted to MIT?

The average GPA of admitted students at MIT is around 4.13 on a 4.0 scale. The average SAT score is around 1530 out of 1600, and the average ACT score is around 34 out of 36. However, it is important to note that these are just averages and successful applicants may have higher or lower scores.

Is it possible to get into MIT with a non-STEM background?

While MIT is known for its strong focus on STEM fields, it is still possible to get admitted with a non-STEM background. MIT values well-rounded students and looks for applicants who have excelled in their chosen field, whether it be in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. It is important to showcase your unique skills and experiences in your application, and how they align with the values and mission of MIT.