Generator Monitoring: Unique Electrical Profiles

• Thread starter Chuckeng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generator
In summary, There is limited information and data available on generator monitoring using unique electrical profiles created by shaft grounding devices. One free source is a PDF from Poluxtec, but access to IEEE Journals is needed for more information. Despite the author's search, there does not seem to be much information available on this relatively new topic.
Chuckeng
Is anyone aware of any data or publications on
"generator monitoring using unique electrical profiles created by shaft grounding devices "
?
if so let me know some links
I can't find information on it anywhere.. it is relatively new though.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Chuckeng said:
Is anyone aware of any data or publications on
"generator monitoring using unique electrical profiles created by shaft grounding devices "
?
if so let me know some links
I can't find information on it anywhere.. it is relatively new though.

http://www.poluxtec.com.br/catalogos/Generator%20Monitoring%20using%20Unique%20Electrical%20Profiles.pdf

Other than that free one, you'll need access to IEEE Journals.

CS

Last edited by a moderator:
stewartcs said:
http://www.poluxtec.com.br/catalogos/Generator%20Monitoring%20using%20Unique%20Electrical%20Profiles.pdf

Other than that free one, you'll need access to IEEE Journals.

CS

thanks mate, already got that one, I've been on the journals for a day now and not really much luck, thanks all the same!
chuck

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Generator Monitoring: Unique Electrical Profiles

1. What is generator monitoring?

Generator monitoring is the process of continuously monitoring the performance and health of a generator. This includes monitoring various electrical parameters and analyzing the data to identify any potential issues or malfunctions.

2. Why is generator monitoring important?

Generator monitoring is important because it helps ensure the reliable and efficient operation of a generator. By constantly monitoring its electrical profiles, potential issues can be identified and addressed before they turn into costly and potentially dangerous problems.

3. What are some common electrical parameters that are monitored in generator monitoring?

Some common electrical parameters that are monitored in generator monitoring include voltage, current, frequency, power factor, and harmonic distortion. These parameters can provide valuable insights into the performance of the generator and can help identify any abnormalities or issues.

4. How does generator monitoring differ from regular maintenance?

Generator monitoring is a proactive approach to maintenance, whereas regular maintenance is a reactive approach. Generator monitoring involves continuously monitoring the generator's electrical profiles and identifying potential issues in real-time, while regular maintenance involves scheduled inspections and repairs.

5. Can generator monitoring help prevent downtime?

Yes, generator monitoring can help prevent downtime by identifying potential issues before they cause a major malfunction or failure. This allows for proactive maintenance and repairs, minimizing the risk of unexpected downtime and ensuring the reliable operation of the generator.