Gear simulation engineering software

In summary, the individual is seeking suggestions for a simple software to simulate a gear system for an assignment. They have tried the software "Gears Simulator" but need a function to increase the length of the gear, which is not available. They apologize for their English and ask for any additional information or new findings on the topic.
renyyz
hi all. i have an assignment to design a gear system. so, anyone can suggest me a software that i can make a simulation about a gear? prefer simple software that got a lot of function. thank~~

Edit: i tried this software http://gears-simulator.software.informer.com/3.0/
but i need a function to increase the length of gear where it didn't have in this software (or maybe i didn't found it)
btw, sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

What kind of gearing system? IMO, unless you're designing tooth profiles, there's not really much to designing gearing systems (even planetary gears aren't that hard to look at on paper).

Related to Gear simulation engineering software

1. What is gear simulation engineering software?

Gear simulation engineering software is a computer program that allows engineers to create virtual models of gear systems and simulate their behavior under different operating conditions. It uses mathematical models and advanced algorithms to accurately predict the performance of gears, such as speed, torque, and stress levels.

2. How is gear simulation engineering software used?

Gear simulation engineering software is used to design and optimize gear systems in various industries, such as automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing. It helps engineers to evaluate different design options, identify potential issues, and make informed decisions before physical prototyping.

3. What are the benefits of using gear simulation engineering software?

Using gear simulation engineering software can save time and resources by reducing the need for physical prototyping and testing. It also allows for more accurate predictions and optimizations, leading to better product performance and reliability. Additionally, it enables engineers to explore a wider range of design possibilities and make more informed decisions.

4. What types of gear systems can be simulated with this software?

Gear simulation engineering software can simulate a variety of gear systems, including spur gears, helical gears, bevel gears, worm gears, and planetary gears. It can also model different types of gear arrangements, such as parallel, crossed, and non-parallel axes.

5. What are some popular gear simulation engineering software programs?

Some popular gear simulation engineering software programs include AGMA, KISSsoft, GearTrax, and RomaxDesigner. These programs offer different features and capabilities, so it is essential to research and choose the one that best fits your specific needs and requirements.