Gas Turbine Data: Find Pressure, Temp & Efficiency Info

In summary, a gas turbine is an internal combustion engine that converts fuel into mechanical energy through a combustion process and uses the resulting hot gases to power a turbine and generate electricity. The pressure and temperature in a gas turbine are measured using various sensors, and the efficiency of the turbine is affected by factors such as design, fuel quality, and operating conditions. Efficiency is calculated by dividing actual power output by theoretical maximum output, and gas turbine data is crucial in designing and operating power plants for optimal performance and maintenance.
engineer888
Hi guys,

Currently doing a Final Year Project on a gas turbine and steam turbine energy plant combinate, and was wondering if anyone knows where i could find some data on a specific gas turbine with all pressures, temperatures and efficiencies? just so i can verify my calculated results

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Which specific gas turbine?

sorry I worded that badly.. I meant just all the pressures and temperatures of an actual operating turbine. It doesn't matter what make it is..

Related to Gas Turbine Data: Find Pressure, Temp & Efficiency Info

1. What is a gas turbine and how does it work?

A gas turbine is a type of internal combustion engine that converts the energy from the fuel into mechanical energy by compressing and burning air and fuel. The hot gases produced from the combustion process then expand through a series of blades on a turbine, which in turn drives a generator to produce electricity.

2. How do you measure the pressure and temperature in a gas turbine?

The pressure and temperature in a gas turbine can be measured using various sensors such as thermocouples, pressure transducers, and thermistors. These sensors are strategically placed throughout the turbine to provide accurate readings of the pressure and temperature at different points.

3. What factors affect the efficiency of a gas turbine?

The efficiency of a gas turbine is affected by several factors such as the compressor and turbine design, the type and quality of the fuel, the ambient temperature and humidity, and the maintenance and operating conditions of the turbine. Higher pressure and temperature ratios, as well as better fuel quality, can lead to increased efficiency.

4. How is the efficiency of a gas turbine calculated?

The efficiency of a gas turbine is calculated by dividing the actual power output by the theoretical maximum power output. The theoretical maximum power output can be determined by the fuel heating value and the mass flow rate of air and fuel. The actual power output is measured using a generator connected to the turbine.

5. How is gas turbine data used in the design and operation of power plants?

Gas turbine data, such as pressure, temperature, and efficiency, is crucial in the design and operation of power plants. It helps engineers optimize the performance of the turbine by identifying areas for improvement and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. This data is also used to monitor the health of the turbine and make informed decisions about maintenance and repairs.