Fursday Funnies - Laugh Out Loud With Us!

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny
In summary: Those were really handy.I remember those too! I used to keep a bunch of flash cubes in a box. I don't think I ever used them though. I always used the built-in flash.I remember those too! I used to keep a bunch of flash cubes in a box. I don't think I ever used them though.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
They are not digital.jpg

Likes DennisN, cnh1995, mfb and 6 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Hahaha. Link?

Joppy said:
Link?

no idea, it was just a giggle a friend shared with me on FB

Likes Joppy
Oh yeah! I still keep pins in a box from one of these! :-)

The fraction of the population who gets the joke is shrinking.

Likes davenn and Sophia
I remember when we had to buy a separate flash light for the camera :-)

Likes davenn and fresh_42
That reminds me, I still have a few boxes of slides to scan, from 1990 and 2000. :eek:

Likes davenn
mfb said:
The fraction of the population who gets the joke is shrinking.

aint that the truth :smile:Dave

Sophia said:
I remember when we had to buy a separate flash light for the camera :-)
cadbfcfc00bea74278631cce0d64d216.jpg

Likes Sophia
Ooh, flashcubes! I never had a camera that used them, but I remember them. I wonder when they went out of production? I see you can still buy them e.g. from third party vendors on amazon.com, presumably from old stock from camera stores.

fresh_42 said:
Does anyone remember this Mg flashes?

12854%20cm%20web.jpg

As a child I bought a used Brownie Hawkeye flash model.

kodakbrowniehawkeye.jpg

That was the camera that got me interested in photography. The flash bulbs were one-use-only (in the image you can see a blue one in the flash reflector). Although the camera was a little old, they did sell replacement bulbs and compatible film at the neighborhood drug store.

Of course the camera optics were nothing to brag about, but the medium format 6 cm x 6 cm negatives was terrific. In the right conditions (i.e., good lighting, or in conditions suitable for the flash), I could get incredibly detailed prints. 'Particularly for a camera that I picked up for about $1 at a garage sale.

Replacing those bulbs was a real pain though. (A pack of bulbs cost more than what I paid for the whole camera.)

collinsmark said:
Replacing those bulbs was a real pain though. (A pack of bulbs cost more than what I paid for the whole camera.)

I never used that style, but well remember using the flash cubes during the early 70's on my Kodak instamatic camera

Related to Fursday Funnies - Laugh Out Loud With Us!

1. What is "Fursday Funnies"?

"Fursday Funnies" is a weekly series where we share humorous content to help brighten your day and make you laugh. We feature funny memes, jokes, and videos that are sure to make you LOL!

2. When is "Fursday Funnies" posted?

"Fursday Funnies" is posted every Thursday, hence the name "Fursday". We want to help you get through the rest of the week with some laughter and good vibes.

3. Can I submit my own funny content for "Fursday Funnies"?

Absolutely! We love to feature content from our audience. If you have a funny meme, joke, or video that you think would make others laugh, you can submit it to us through our social media channels or via email. Just make sure it's appropriate and not offensive.

4. Are the "Fursday Funnies" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, we make sure to only feature content that is appropriate for all ages. We want everyone to be able to enjoy a good laugh without any worries. However, parental discretion is always advised.

5. Who creates the content for "Fursday Funnies"?

Our team of writers and editors work together to curate and create the content for "Fursday Funnies". We also feature content from our audience, as mentioned before. Our goal is to provide a diverse range of funny content to appeal to a wide audience.