Fun question- what tricks can you do with a circuit through your body?

In summary, the conversation discusses a device that sends a small current through the body and allows the person to channel electricity through their fingers. This can be used for levitating objects, igniting things with a spark from the finger, and potentially "gluing" plastic foil to surfaces. Other possible uses include controlling electronics and creating special effects.
Kalibasa
My boyfriend is into magic, and he has a device that sends a small current through his body. His shoe has an electrode that is activated by a magnet in his other shoe; a wire runs up to a battery. As long as he is standing and grounded, it allows him to channel a small amount of electricity through his fingers. For instance, you get a small shock if you touch his finger, and he has also held his hand over a pile of salt to make it start jumping around wildly.

So my fun question is: what other things can you think of that he can do with this device?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is an interesting video. It shows what kind of stuff you can to by letting small currents flow through your body and everyday objects.

But it is very different from the circuit your bf uses. He uses high voltage. The people in that video use low voltage in combination with some electronics and a computer.

Your bf's high voltage circuit could be used for levitating things. Like in those videos

Here they use a charged balloon and a charged wand but you could probably do it without those items. Since your bf's device is charging up his entire body he should be able to levitate things with his hands.
Another thing he could do is ignite stuff (e.g. alcohol) with a spark from his finger.
He can also "glue" plastic foil to a wall or some other surface just by wiping his hand over it, although I'm not sure if that is useful for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person

Related to Fun question- what tricks can you do with a circuit through your body?

1. How can I use my body as a circuit?

To use your body as a circuit, you can hold one end of a wire in one hand and the other end in your other hand. This will create a complete circuit through your body, allowing electricity to flow through.

2. What tricks can I do with a circuit through my body?

There are a few tricks you can do with a circuit through your body. One is to light up a small bulb by connecting it to the wire in your hand. Another is to make a buzzer sound by connecting a buzzer to the wire. You can also use your body as a switch to turn on and off a light or other electronic device.

3. Is it safe to use my body as a circuit?

In general, using your body as a circuit is safe as long as you are using low voltage and current devices. However, it is important to always exercise caution and make sure you are using safe and properly insulated wires and devices.

4. Can I use any part of my body as a circuit?

Yes, you can use any part of your body as a circuit as long as you are holding the wire in each hand. However, some parts of your body may have better conductivity than others, so you may need to experiment to find the best spot.

5. What are some other fun experiments I can do with circuits and my body?

There are many other fun experiments you can do with circuits and your body. You can test the conductivity of different materials by touching them with the wire in one hand and the other hand. You can also use your body to create a simple lie detector test by measuring changes in conductivity when you tell the truth or a lie. Additionally, you can try using different types of wires or even different types of liquids to see how they affect the flow of electricity through your body.