Eternal Inflation and it's Philospohical implications

• Thread starter heusdens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Inflation
In summary, the concept of eternal inflation, which involves the continuous reproduction of new space-time bubbles, may eliminate the need for a beginning of time in the universe. However, the pre-existing space in this model is also expanding, potentially leading to a beginning in the form of a singularity. The idea of an infinite and expanding universe may be unsettling, but it has been used in various theories such as steady state and M-theory to explain the universe. The concept of infinity has both been used to create successful theories, but also to reveal flaws in others. Only further research and evidence can confirm or refute the validity of these

Originally posted by Lifegazer
"An argument for the existence of God?"

They put a lock on the thread so nobody could post anything else.

Existence is God.

What a profound and deep insight this is. Existence is God.
One merely replaces the definition of existence with some other term, and there one has a new philosophy established!

This is just a deep and very profound well, you are digging into. Now one can establish any other philosophy one wants, providing in last instance one claims : "Existence is X" (substitute any X for this).

With that method any foolish theory can be claimed to be true of course.

Physics news on Phys.org
Guys:

The god thread is kaput. This thread is for discussing eternal inflation, not for continuing the other thread. Gaspar, if you have questions for LG about his thread, please send him a Private Message.

LG logic

"I can promise the readers that not one single argument can be formulated, using logic, to show that an external reality exists."

Using logic, the above statement is really true, but which then does not lead to the conclusion that no such reality exist, but that the instrument of logic in itself is not sufficient to proof this.

Sometimes one needs to actually dig into reality itself, to conclude anything...

If I lock myself up in my house, and persist in never leaving my house, I will never find out evidence that for instance Sydney (20.000 km from here) exists. How can I ever testify then that Sydney really exists?