Fraction Simplification: Solving Equations with Constants C, L, and R

In summary, the person is struggling to make their equations look neat and is seeking help. They have provided their equations and asked for suggestions to improve them.
jkface
I have the following two equations

5bCv09x.png

3Eq3tTM.png

C, L, and R are all constants.

I need to somehow get the above two equations and get it to look like this:

ieBherg.png

But I can't get mine to look that nice. I have V1(s) = V2(s)(1+sCR) and I substituded it into equation 1 and it ends up looking messy. Any help would be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Show us your work and you may get some helpful suggestions.

i(s) = V2(s)(1+sCR) / sL + (V2(s)(1+sCR) - V2(s)) / R
i(s) = V2(s)( (1+sCR) / sL + sCR / R)
V2(s) = i(s) (sL / (1+sCR) + 1 / sC) = i(s) ((s^2 * LC + 1 + sCR) / sC(1+sCR))
V2(s) = i(s) ((s^2 * LC + 1 + sCR) / (sC+s^2 * C^2 * R))

this is obviously not what I'm supposed to have.

Related to Fraction Simplification: Solving Equations with Constants C, L, and R

What does it mean to simplify a fraction?

Simplifying a fraction means reducing it to its simplest form. In other words, the numerator and denominator are both divided by their greatest common factor to create an equivalent fraction with smaller numbers.

Why is it important to simplify a fraction?

Simplifying a fraction makes it easier to work with and understand. It also helps to compare and order fractions, and is necessary when adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing fractions.

How do you simplify a fraction?

To simplify a fraction, find the greatest common factor (GCF) of the numerator and denominator. Then, divide both the numerator and denominator by the GCF. Repeat this process until the fraction can no longer be simplified.

What is the difference between simplifying and reducing a fraction?

Simplifying and reducing a fraction are often used interchangeably, but technically they have different meanings. Simplifying refers to the process of dividing both the numerator and denominator by their GCF to create an equivalent fraction. Reducing refers to the result of simplifying a fraction, where the numerator and denominator are relatively prime (have no common factors other than 1).

Can all fractions be simplified?

Yes, all fractions can be simplified. However, some fractions may already be in their simplest form, in which case simplifying would result in the same fraction. Fractions with a GCF of 1 are already in their simplest form and cannot be simplified any further.