FORUM RULES? Please point them out

• Thread starter wbeaty
  • Start date
In summary, There is a page at the top of the forum that contains rules for behavior for forum users, but it may not be easily visible to new users.
wbeaty
I've been unable to find your page that gives details on the rules for behavior for forum users. Is there none? Or is it just well hidden? :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums, wbeaty.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5374

Last edited:
It's right here at the top of this very forum in a sticky thread.

- Warren

Originally posted by chroot
It's right here at the top of this very forum in a sticky thread.

Thanks!

I'm a new user and not familiar with this forum format.

I expected the info to be found on some associated web page, not appearing within the message threads.

Related to FORUM RULES? Please point them out

What are the consequences for breaking forum rules?

The consequences for breaking forum rules may vary depending on the severity of the violation. They can range from a warning or temporary suspension to a permanent ban from the forum.

Can forum rules be changed or updated?

Yes, forum rules can be changed or updated by the administrators at any time. It is important for users to regularly check for any updates to the rules.

Are there any specific guidelines for posting content on the forum?

Yes, most forums have specific guidelines for posting content such as avoiding offensive language, respecting others' opinions, and staying on topic. It is important to familiarize yourself with these guidelines before posting.

Who enforces the forum rules?

The forum administrators are responsible for enforcing the rules and ensuring that all users are following them. They may also have moderators who help monitor the forum and report any violations to the administrators.

What should I do if I see someone breaking the forum rules?

If you see someone breaking the forum rules, you can report it to the moderators or administrators. It is important to provide evidence or specific details of the violation to help them take appropriate action.