Forgive Us, Recon: A Heartfelt Apology from The Sisterhood | NYC Trip 2019

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, Recon's other aunts and her mom left her behind at Tom's Halloween party, and she got to hook up with a group of goblin musicians who took her to sock-land to get duplicates of enigma's socks.
Tsu
Gold Member
Please forgive us, recon!

Recently members of the The Sisterhood (see Member Photo thread - or was that Cutest Guy...? Well, anyway... somewhere on this board.. :redface: ) made a quick trip to NY to crash Tom's Halloween party. :biggrin: (See thread eititled "Knock knock knock") We had a delightful time :smile: but apparently committed a massive faux pax in leaving our beloved niece, recon, behind! :redface: (This occurred in our mad scramble to save enigma and Gokul from four Hearts-playing supermodel hussies who had them entrapped in Tom's apartment and were preparing to - well, God knows what...!) :redface: :cry: :redface:

recon said:
Dearest aunts, you all left me before I could find the socks! But what a blessing that turned out to be because I got to hook up with a group of goblin musicians who offered to take me to sock-land to get duplicates of enigma's socks.

recon, my sweetie, your other (whacky) aunties and your mom and I would like to publically apologize for this. I SWEAR I thought you (AND enigma) made it to the RV! I don't understand how this happened, but we're SO sorry. But we're also so glad you are such a resourceful and mature young lady! You got out of your predicament and made it home safe and sound - AND with enigma's SOCKS! :smile: :smile: :smile: You are the best niece on the planet!

We love you! :smile:

Please forgive us! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought Recon made it back to the RV!

Recon, we would never have intentionally left without you! :frown:

So, who's socks was I holding?

I need some time to think about this... :devil:

...I'm trying to come up with something scathing to say...

...oooooh, I give up!

Tsunami said:
Please forgive us! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Forgiven.

But I never really was mad at you all - I haven't had the time. :smile: I've been too busy admiring my new socks (sorry enigma! you can't have it back).

I really enjoy wriggling the udders. :cool:

*Wriggles the toes* The only problem is that I'm not flexible enough...and can't have any milk.

Maybe I should be the one saying sorry! :redface:

Evo said:
So, who's socks was I holding? : : :

Get rid of it quickly, Evo! You must always be weary of socks that have gone astray! :biggrin:

Related to Forgive Us, Recon: A Heartfelt Apology from The Sisterhood | NYC Trip 2019

1. What does "Please forgive us, recon" mean?

"Please forgive us, recon" is a phrase commonly used in the field of science and research. It is a request for forgiveness or understanding from other scientists for any mistakes or errors made during the process of conducting research or experiments.

2. Why do scientists say "Please forgive us, recon"?

Scientists say "Please forgive us, recon" as a way to acknowledge and take responsibility for any errors or mistakes made during the research process. It shows humility and a commitment to ethical and accurate scientific practices.

3. Is it necessary for scientists to ask for forgiveness?

While it is not a formal requirement, asking for forgiveness is considered good scientific practice. It promotes transparency and accountability in the scientific community and helps to maintain the integrity of research findings.

4. Who is "recon" in the phrase "Please forgive us, recon"?

"Recon" is a shortened version of the word "reconnaissance," which means to survey or examine something closely. In this context, it refers to the scientific community as a whole, as scientists are asking for forgiveness from their peers and colleagues.

5. Does saying "Please forgive us, recon" mean the research was flawed?

Not necessarily. "Please forgive us, recon" can be used in a variety of situations, such as when there are minor errors or limitations in the research process, or when new information or data emerges that may change the original findings. It is a way for scientists to demonstrate their commitment to accuracy and ethical practices in their work.

Back