Force required to move a object on slope with rolling tyres

In summary, the question is asking how to determine the force required to move a 5 kilo object with 4 rolling tyres at a 30 degree angle. The formula used to calculate this force is F push = mgsin(theta) + coeff of friction*mgsin(theta), and assuming a coefficient of friction of 0.001, the calculated force is 25.542 Newton. However, the accuracy of this calculation may depend on the specific coefficient of rolling resistance for the tyres and the surface they are rolling on. Without a specific value given, the equation accounts for all possibilities, including a value of 0.
adssd
Consider a object of 5 kilos which is fixed with 4 rolling tyres (like in a trolly) which is in a slanting position of 30 degree angle.

My question:How to find the force required to move the object upwards the slope along with rolling resistance considered?

I tried the force using the F push formula for slope & i tried the coeffiecient for friction of tyres as 0.001

F push= mgsin(theta) + coeff of friction*mgsin(theta)
F push=5 * 9.8 *sin(30) + 0.001 * 5*9.8 * cos(30)
F push=25.542 Newton

Is this correct?

I researched this problem in google, but since the above problem deals with Rolling friction as its attached with tyres, what is the correct method to find the exact force! I s it the correct method to find the object moving up the slope with tyres ?

Physics news on Phys.org
You equation is correct.

JBA said:
You equation is correct.

is it the correct formulae to use it to my problem?

If the above is a full statement of the problem as presented to you then yes it is; however, I am surprised that you were not given a specific coefficient of rolling resistance as a part of the problem statement.

JBA said:
If the above is a full statement of the problem as presented to you then yes it is; however, I am surprised that you were not given a specific coefficient of rolling friction as a part of the problem statement.
as i am using steel surface and rubber tyres, i thought its coefficient is 0.001, but i seriously have a doubt over that coeffienct part..as the slope is steel and the tyre is rubber! is the co efficient i used here is right?

That is hard to say because the actual rolling resistance of a rubber tyre is a function of the tyre's individual design and even more importantly, its inflation pressure; as a result, to the best of my knowledge there is no one "accepted" value of rolling resistance for inflated rubber tyres.

As for steel wheels or hard rubber covered steel wheels, I have no background related to those; but, in all of these cases the ultimate rolling resistance is a factor that actually must include the mechanical wheel/axle bearing friction, etc. That is the reason, I am surprised you have not been given a specific value in your problem statement.

Ultimately, your equation provides for all possibilities, including a value of "0" so for that reason I would find it hard for anyone to question your method of calculation with no factor value given.

Related to Force required to move a object on slope with rolling tyres

1. What factors determine the force required to move an object on a slope with rolling tyres?

The force required to move an object on a slope with rolling tyres depends on the weight of the object, the angle of the slope, the surface material of the slope, and the rolling resistance of the tyres.

2. How does the weight of the object affect the force required to move it on a slope with rolling tyres?

The force required to move an object on a slope with rolling tyres increases as the weight of the object increases. This is because the weight of the object creates a downward force that must be overcome by the force pushing the object up the slope.

3. What is the role of the slope angle in determining the force required to move an object on a slope with rolling tyres?

The steeper the slope angle, the more force is required to move an object on it. This is because a steeper slope creates a greater component of the weight of the object that must be overcome by the force pushing it up the slope.

4. How does the surface material of the slope affect the force required to move an object on it with rolling tyres?

The surface material of the slope can greatly impact the force required to move an object. A smoother surface with less friction will require less force to move an object compared to a rougher surface with more friction.

5. What is the rolling resistance of tyres and how does it affect the force required to move an object on a slope?

Rolling resistance is the force that must be overcome to keep a rolling object moving at a constant speed. The higher the rolling resistance of the tyres, the more force will be required to move an object on a slope. This is because more force is needed to overcome the resistance and maintain the object's speed on the slope.