Forbidden love: Don't tease me with your flashing lights

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lights Love
In summary, a giant octopus may have been attacking a submarine off of Vancouver Island in search of a date. Some octopuses display bright colors to attract a potential mate. According to Cosgrove, it is difficult to determine the true motivation behind the octopus' actions. The ROV, which was seen smoking afterwards, may have been targeted as a potential girlfriend or meal. However, the term "horngry" was coined to describe the universal state of being male.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A giant octopus may have been looking for a date when it attacked a submarine off of Vancouver Island last fall.

...Some octopuses will show they are interested in mating by flashing bright colours to attract a partner.

..."It could have been looking for a meal or looking for a girlfriend," Cosgrove said. "It's difficult to know what exactly it was doing or why it wanted to make contact with the ROV for whatever reason." [continued]
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060126/octopus_bc_060126/20060126?hub=Canada

The ROV was seen smoking afterwards. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:smile: He might have been looking for a girlfriend who cook for him!

Some octopuses will show they are interested in mating by flashing

Wow, just like some humans... :rolleyes:

Lisa! said:
:smile: He might have been looking for a girlfriend who cook for him!

He was probably just horngry, as all men usually are.

franznietzsche said:
He was probably just horngry, as all men usually are.
well, you learn a new word every day!:cool:
horny + hungry = horngry!

Last edited:
Well, I'm having a pizza right now. Who's going to help me with the other part?

Lisa! said:
well, you learn a new word every day!:cool:
horny + hungry = horngry!

Well, I had to invent a word to describe the state of being male, so, it works.

Horngry.

@Danger: The water elves?

Danger said:
Well, I'm having a pizza right now. Who's going to help me with the other part?
I will. :!)

Note that MK is Moonbear's soulmate, Danger!:-p

Mk is gay? I never knew.

Perhaps he's just too horngry!

Related to Forbidden love: Don't tease me with your flashing lights

1. What is "Forbidden love: Don't tease me with your flashing lights" about?

"Forbidden love: Don't tease me with your flashing lights" is a phrase that reflects the idea of being drawn to someone or something that is considered taboo or forbidden. It suggests a strong attraction to something that is not allowed or accepted by society or one's own moral code.

2. Why do people become attracted to forbidden love?

People may become attracted to forbidden love due to the thrill and excitement of going against societal norms and expectations. It can also stem from a desire for something that is perceived as unattainable or out of reach.

3. What are some examples of forbidden love?

Examples of forbidden love can include relationships between people of different religions, cultures, or social classes. It can also refer to romantic relationships between individuals who are already in committed relationships or marriages, or even taboo relationships such as those between siblings or close family members.

4. What are the potential consequences of pursuing forbidden love?

The potential consequences of pursuing forbidden love can vary, but can include societal backlash, disapproval from friends and family, and in extreme cases, legal consequences. It can also lead to feelings of guilt, shame, and inner turmoil.

5. Is forbidden love always a bad thing?

Not necessarily. While some may view forbidden love as negative due to the potential consequences and challenges it can bring, others may see it as a source of growth, self-discovery, and passion. It ultimately depends on the individual and their personal values and beliefs.

Back