Food Delivery Needed: My Truck is in the Shop

In summary, somebody called to have food sent over to the truck, but the driver said he needed to do it himself. The food is coming in three days.
tribdog
okay, my truck is in the shop today. I need some food delivered. somebody call and have some food sent over please.

Physics news on Phys.org
geez, thanks a lot. guess I got to do it myself. You people are so damn lazy.

I could order you some, but it would take three days to reach you o:)

I called and some English take out is on it's way. I figured some pie & mash would hit the spot. It'll be there in 3 days. Oh and some stewed eels (I thought the jellied eels were a bit much).

edit - funny Monique said 3 days also

Last edited:
I called one of those hole-in-the-wall Mexican food take-out places you like so much. I don't speak much Spanish though, so I'm not sure what I ordered you. I think they said something about it being extra without the spit, so I told them to leave the spit in. That means BBQ spit, right? I think it was something with the name "perro" in it. It sounded a bit like pillow, so I figured it was something light and fluffy. :biggrin:

jellied eels would have probably been better than what I had. I was forced to go next door to the mexican place again. I suggest staying away from the "shrimp in waterchili" the cucumber and tomato garnish was pretty good, but the shrimp was see through raw. I just can't deal with see through or chewy shrimp. I will recommend the gorditas however. I didn't know what they were, but I'm working my way through the menu. turns out they are light and fluffy flat tacos. I've never had sour cream like this though. it wasn't really what I think of when I hear cream. A chunk of it fell off my gordita and actually bounced on the floor.

tribdog said:
. I've never had sour cream like this though. it wasn't really what I think of when I hear cream. A chunk of it fell off my gordita and actually bounced on the floor.

Well that cured my hunger for the day

I ate at a Thai food resteraunt one time, a pepper fell on the floor and bounced up... then it instantly converted all its mass into heat and light.

Evo said:
Oh and some stewed eels (I thought the jellied eels were a bit much).

Mk said:
I ate at a Thai food resteraunt one time, a pepper fell on the floor and bounced up... then it instantly converted all its mass into heat and light.

So you must be suffering badly from the burns associated with such a large energy release. How are you even able to post? :wink:

Hi hungry, I'm polyb! Nice to meet you, what happened to tribdog? I heard he was having transpo problems and got lost looking for some cheap ari-mex food. Have you seen him?

Related to Food Delivery Needed: My Truck is in the Shop

What are the most common reasons for needing food delivery when a truck is in the shop?

The most common reasons for needing food delivery when a truck is in the shop are: unexpected truck breakdown, scheduled maintenance or repairs, and lack of a backup vehicle.

What types of food are typically delivered in these situations?

The types of food that are typically delivered in these situations are pre-packaged meals, fast food, and groceries.

What are the potential consequences of not having access to a truck for food delivery?

The potential consequences of not having access to a truck for food delivery include losing customers, decreased revenue, and delays in fulfilling orders.

Are there alternative solutions to food delivery when a truck is in the shop?

Yes, alternative solutions to food delivery when a truck is in the shop include using a different vehicle, outsourcing delivery to a third-party service, or temporarily closing the business.

How can a business plan ahead for situations where their truck may be in the shop?

A business can plan ahead for situations where their truck may be in the shop by having a backup vehicle or a relationship with a third-party delivery service, maintaining a regular maintenance schedule for their truck, and having a contingency plan in case of unexpected breakdowns.