Flowchart to Find Sum of Positive #s -999 Input

• Thread starter blackcemre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about drawing a flowchart to input an unknown number of data and finding the sum of positive numbers, with a request for a clearer picture and a question about how the program would know how many numbers to read. The conversation ended with a request for a new picture and the statement that the paper is not currently available.
blackcemre
Homework Statement
Draw a flowchart that will input unknown number of data where the last number of the data is -999. This algorithm/flowchart should find and output the sum of positive numbers.

I draw such a flowchart. Can you draw another flowchart about this?

The attempt at a solution
7-ECC1-CE9-F992-45-C1-80-A7-AB90868-CB4-AC.jpg

Attachments

• 7-ECC1-CE9-F992-45-C1-80-A7-AB90868-CB4-AC.jpg
    7-ECC1-CE9-F992-45-C1-80-A7-AB90868-CB4-AC.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 267
Physics news on Phys.org
Please post a better picture. The bottom half of your picture is obscured by your shadow, and is unreadable. Please arrange the lighting so that the whole paper is illuminated.

Mark44 said:
Please post a better picture. The bottom half of your picture is obscured by your shadow, and is unreadable. Please arrange the lighting so that the whole paper is illuminated.

Mentor note: Deleted unreadable image

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. How will it know how many numbers to read?

@blackcemre, the second picture you posted, in post #3 looks like the same one.

Please post a new picture, with the paper completely lit.

verty said:
I have a question. How will it know how many numbers to read?
just need to write a few numbers

Mark44 said:
@blackcemre, the second picture you posted, in post #3 looks like the same one.

Please post a new picture, with the paper completely lit.
paper is not with me now

Thread closed.

When you get the paper again, please take a better picture of it.

Related to Flowchart to Find Sum of Positive #s -999 Input

What is a flowchart and how does it work?

A flowchart is a diagram that uses symbols and arrows to visually represent the steps and decisions involved in a process. It shows the flow of information or actions from one step to the next, making it easier to understand complex processes.

Why would I need a flowchart to find the sum of positive numbers?

A flowchart can help break down a complex problem into smaller, more manageable steps. In this case, it can help you visualize and plan out the process of finding the sum of positive numbers, making it easier to follow and reducing the chances of making mistakes.

What is the significance of using -999 as an input?

In this specific flowchart, -999 serves as the "end" or "stop" point for the program. This means that the user can keep entering positive numbers until they are finished, and then use -999 as the final input to signal that they are done and the program should calculate the sum.

What happens if I input a negative number?

If a negative number is entered, the flowchart will direct the program to skip that number and move on to the next input. This ensures that only positive numbers are included in the calculation of the sum.

Can the flowchart be modified to find the sum of negative numbers instead?

Yes, the flowchart can be modified by changing the conditions and symbols used to find the sum of negative numbers. For example, instead of using a ">" symbol to check for positive numbers, you could use a "<" symbol to check for negative numbers. The overall structure and process of the flowchart would remain the same.